Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WII & EXERCISE GROUP CHECKIN 7/22/2010

HI EVERYBODY!
    WELCOME SPARKY! Glad to have you with our group!
    ANYONE IS WELCOME TO JOIN!
    We are an exercise group, much like the weightloss group that supports one another in keeping fit. No matter what you do to promote your physical fitness (a Wii or anything else) we would love to hear from you.
    There's a lot of knowledge here at MSWorld in wonderful people, come share with us.

GOALS MADE:
    THREE- super job! Sparky & ccsitter I counted you both since you are working out daily and/ or to what your body is allowing you to at this time.

GOALS MISSED:
    THREE- heat was too much for us!

This heat is affecting everyone! I did some research on Runner's World (2 marathoners in family, me- former runner). Found out some interesting stuff.

When it's hot and we do not/ can not get ourselves to exercise, there is a REAL reason for it. "In the heat, the brain tells muscles to relax to keep from body temperature increasing. Sweating diverts blood away from muscles and makes them sluggish."
    That's from experts, not me!

TIP FOR THE WEEK:
    *Workout early in the day.
    *Decrease workout time or intensity.
    *Replace fluids. AND (my favorite) Ice slushies give you longer exercise time than cool drinks!

Woohoo! All from Runner's World, not me.
    So, don't try to overachieve. Stay cool and work out as best you can. Short daily exercise might be best until it cools off. So if you revise your goal and achieve it, post that this week.
    We all know with MS we have to be flexible.

Take care and God bless ya!
    "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

i am happy (proud too) to say i hit my goal. not only did i hit goal, i went over by 9hours!!!!

dave
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

WOOHOO HUNTERD! you are such an inspiration and go-getter! i admire your attitude. just don't go falling off any hiking trails anymore, ok?
      "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Way to go Dave!

I also made my goal - but not as impressive as Dave. Did 4 days. Now if I can just get motivated today.

Comment

Way to go Dave!!!

I made goal this week all of a sudden weather is great and humidity is normal I am modifying everything routinely but I am getting it done

I find I personally feel better if I keep trying. (My laundry has never been so kept up )

Comment

Sparky,
            We all set our own goals. Some people, apparently Dave is one, set a time for exercise - like 15 minutes a day. Some people (like me) say just a certain type of thing will count as exercise. For me it is stretching and some kind of walking. (I use a cane and a wheelchair so it is very limited). I also count it when I life weights or do steps.

The key is don't make it so hard to reach your goal. It is better psychologically to say you did more. But be realistic and push yourself a little.

It sounds to me like you have a good plan started! Jogging almost a mile is wonderful!

Comment

love to join

Hi, I would love to joing your group. I try to exercise everyday, but I find it helps if I have some accountability. I am not able to run anymore but I love to take long walks, and I also work out with my WII. So will someone fill me in on the goals and how this group works? Thanks in advance, I look forward to getting to know you all better.

Comment

Working...
              X