Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS Symptom - area of warmth ?

Hi,

I am fairly new to MS and so far have had mild symptoms. (I know I am fortunate and that it could change overnight.)

My question is, does anyone else here have a place on their body that will suddenly seem to get warm for 2 or 3 seconds and then it goes away ? I have been getting this sensation more and more often on my left foot, just below my ankle. It sounds weird, but it almost feels like I peed my pants and it landed on my foot in that one spot.

So, am I weird, or is this "normal" for MS ?

We're all weird

I get a warm sensation that turns to burning on the bottom of my foot at times. Sometimes it tickles, sometimes it burns....depends on its mood I guess

hope this helps!
    Insanity is doing the same thing over and over then expecting a different result
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death" -Earl Wilson

Comment

I get warm sensations on my affected foot and leg. It's as if someone splashed hot water on it. It's weird. It's certainly a sensory-related symptom. I prefer the warm sensation to the crazy itchies I get though. They drive me nuts!

Comment

i've gone for at least a week at a time with bright, sun burnt looking palms of hands. nothing would make them feel better. than it went away.
        then my lips started it up.
        never had the peeing sensation w/out actually peeing on myself. have you asked dr? could you have bladder issues?
        MS does weird stuff, oughta tell dr.
        hop eyou get relief. God bless ya!
        "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

hi everyone,

I know my symptom was far more worse then what u r talking about nibut when I my first hit (exaserbation) I had a feeling of warmth, prickly warmth. ... like one of those heating pads were on the left side of my back... it was a lesion on my spinal cord in my neck... so I don't. Like warm spots... I will pray for u... see your dr.and let us know whathe says! God Bless U, Tammy

Comment

sorry forgot OP name... Im so bad with names

Sometimes I get the "warm spots" and most of the time it seems it is quickly followed by numbness. Mine lasts for more than a few seconds though. Then the numbness can last for days.

The ones that bother me most are on my chest and abdomen, but wondering if that is something totally different because I become short of breath, and sweat like a stuck pig when those happen.

good luck in finding a solution/cause and hope you begin to feel better quickly.
            Janel Don't think of it as getting hot flashes. Think of it as your inner Child playing with matches.
            Dx date: 7/15/2010

Comment

Thanks for all of your replies. It's really just an annoying thing that is now happening a few times a day, but luckily it hasn't turned into anything painful or numb.

I'll be talking to the MS nurse soon and I will be sure to mention it to her. This only happens on my left leg, where I sometimes get some "humming"/vibrating sensations, and it's the same leg that the neuro discovered that I have muscle weakness. But, no spinal lesions - just had MRI.

Glad to know I'm not crazy.

A splash of hot water is a better description than mine, but of course that's what it feels like. The first time it happened, I had to look down to be sure that I hadn't really wet myself, because I do have bladder problems (but not with incontinence).

Comment

I also get those warm sensations. It feels as though I've momentarily leaned against a heating pad. I'm not diagnosed though, but was referred to Mayo Clinic in March....MARCH and still nothing concrete. I don't want to have MS, I want to know what's wrong....period. I was diagnosed with TN in 2007 and since then have had bouts of arm and hand numbing that come more often than not now, and look most of the time like I'm drunk when I walk. I'm just tired of not knowing what's wrong and feeling like everything that's going on with me is acceptable. I'm almost 52 and KNOW my body and something is WRONG! I just feel forgotten or not important.

Comment

Having warm and cold sensations is not unusual.

And no you're not weird, MS is weird.

Comment

Warm feet/MS

Originally posted by cosake View Post

Hi, I started out with that warm feeling in my feet too. It's one of the symptoms.

I am fairly new to MS and so far have had mild symptoms. (I know I am fortunate and that it could change overnight.)

My question is, does anyone else here have a place on their body that will suddenly seem to get warm for 2 or 3 seconds and then it goes away ? I have been getting this sensation more and more often on my left foot, just below my ankle. It sounds weird, but it almost feels like I peed my pants and it landed on my foot in that one spot.

So, am I weird, or is this "normal" for MS ?

You are normal--It is a symptom of MS. I started out with getting this burning sensation in my feet and facial numbness.

Comment

Working...
                    X