I hate summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate summer

I had to go out today to run some errands. I ended up going to five different places. One of them was the post office to mail an important package, and their air conditioning wasn't working well.

It was probably about 95 degrees today. It was horrible! I was getting cold and clammy, which might be because I don't perspire. I was having a difficult time cooling down. Now, I'm so exhausted I can barely move and my muscles feel weak, and it's been almost 10 hours since I've been home!

It's bad enough that the heat affects me so much, but to not perspire either is just a double whammy! (And yet, not one doctor of mine can figure out what the heck is causing all of this. I have no diagnosis. Go figure.)

Yes, I hate summer! I can't wait for fall and cooler weather. (Remind me I said this in January when I'm freezing to death.)
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Hi Shashi, I know what you mean about the summer heat! The humidity makes my weaker leg go limp like a wet noodle

Hope your doctors can figure things out once and for all, so you know what it is your dealing with. In the "old days" I could go for 10 hours, not any more. I give you lotsa credit for pulling through that in one piece!

Comment

I hear ya Shashi

This summer has surely proved to be a challenge.

I have been house bound for so long it is terrible. Did go outside the other evening, after dark, and it was still oppressive out there.

I got up this morning before 6:00am and it was already 75 out there. That is not normal for NW RI. We have been socked in for well over a month.

They are predicting another official heat wave for the next few days, which will be followed by several more days of high humidity and very high 80's. So you can say there isn't any relief in sight. Way too extreme for my body anyway

Comment

I am with you on this one the heat is killer this year. We normally don't have more than a handful of days over 90 and now it seems like we can't get away from it.... I can hardly stand to go outside it drains all the energy I have! I am looking forward to cooler weather too at least we can bundle up if we get cold!
        Falling down is easy... getting up not so much

Comment

I feel your pain

This year has been really hard for me heat wise too. And I feel guilty that I can't do more with my 2 lil boys. When the heat gets this bad those little errands like going to the store or post office just seem killer. I can't even stand to go shopping anymore. I pay for it for days. Then of course there was my son's tee ball a few weeks back. Luckily their little season didn't last long, but between the horrible heat, being on my legs too much (they don't have enough room for sitting ), and my being stubborn about not letting my ex-husband see me use a walker (he filed for sole custody a couple years ago because of my health... which got no where)... I pushed myself way too hard and ended up spending weeks in horrible pain and falling all over the place. The summers are certainly the worst. Although... I know I'll be complaining when the real cold weather comes too. lol. We need a permanent Spring or Fall.

Comment

You know I hear you Shashi!! MS and heat is a bad combo..but you probably also have dysautonomia..or at least the anhidosis (sp) or inability to sweat very well.
            That puts a burden on the autonomic system...and..even for a healthy person not sweating can lead to heat stroke.

For me, its my autonomic system that can go nuts in the heat..even in the house. It affects my breathing.. I get weak..wiped out. but.. my BP/HR go crazy..high..then drops. Autonomic problems are serious!!!

Take with you cooling materials..ice in water bottle..a spray bottle..and colling vest/scarf..keep your head covered.

Yes.. a bummer of a summer I say when you cannot go out and enjoy it..much less try to get things done.

I feel so bad for you. Do you have a decent Primary doc? Do a search for an autonomic testing lab in your region. There are not too many. What they put me on was Clonidine plus I carry extra in case of a full blown autonomic attack..and I am on a little dose of a beta blocker. Do you have any BP issues? Low is usual..mine goes high..then it drops drasticlaly. Do you feel lightheaded..faint or tachicardic??

They can do a tilt table test if there is no autonomic lab. You can do a poor man's tilt table test too.

Hope you get answers...you know I pray every time I see you ..for you to get the RIGHT help..and soon!!

Warmly, Jan
            I believe in miracles~!
            2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
            Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Jan, can dysautonomia cause heart palpitations? I've been having them off and on for years, but they've been more prevalent this summer. When I have them, I lose my breath for a minute. I will check on finding a place that tests for dysautonomia. I'm almost positive though that's what I have. The GERD ties in with it too, plus the bowel problems that I have. And thank you for the prayers. I so appreciate them. You're in my prayers too, dear friend.

Kathy, I know what you mean about the weakness. I walked out of the front door at work into the heat/humidity the other night to go home, and suddenly, it felt like my legs stopped working. My muscles had gotten so weak, and it was like they just wouldn't move. I had a hard time getting to my car. It scared me!

I hate all of this. I used to be active and healthy, now I feel so old. And I don't even know why. That's the hardest part, I think.
              Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
              Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

YESSS heart palpitations is TACHICARDIA. Do you have your own BP home machine? Keep track of your BP/HR.

AND.. you can do your own "poor man's Tilt Table test.

But a doc has to follow you on all this and they like to start with TT test first..which is also part of Dysautonomia.

They have a nice forum too..but remember.. they are rather severe cases. I dont have the problems they do. Most of this shows LOW BP and nearly fainting...to fainting when you stand. Its horrible..and disabling. Mine is not that bad if.. I stay out of the HEAT.

Please feel free to email me about all this ok hon?

Prayers.. coming your way.

Jan
                I believe in miracles~!
                2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
                Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

I wish the temperatures would go back to the '70s so the humidity would be less too. Right now, been dealing with issues with the air conditioner. It took two months to finally get it fixed right, and where I live in IL they are talking about being in the upper '90s to 100 degrees next week. I am not wishing the summer to go by quick, but I will be happy when we get reasonable temperatures again.
                  "Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer
                  than you."
                  ~ Dr. Seuss

Comment

So I'm not alone in this hating of the heat? Even though I am in Northern California, we have been having temps in the upper 90's and low 100's. Going out for even a few minutes just wears me out. The A/C fortunately works good and I have fans all over the house. Even at work I have a fan under my desk and when I have to go out to check on job sites, I have a truck that blows really cold air. Even working in the yard now I have to wear a cooling vest and a straw hat. I look forward to the cooler weather of winter and have already decided that when I retire I will relocate to a cooler climate!

Comment

Jan, what's a "poor man's tilt table test"? How do you do that?

Comment

When I was a kid..

I remember sitting in the hot classrooms at school with the windows open and nary a breeze!

However, when I got out of school I just loved to be outside in the sun; then it didn't seem to bother me.

I also remember though lying in bed with my face pressed up to the musty screen and just praying a breeze would come by.

I don't think I could survive those hot nights now.

I stopped liking summer when we moved to the South. The heat makes the asphalt soft and shrivels the leaves on the tops of the trees. That is pretty much how I feel too!

When we lived in a Northern clime I couldn't wait to see the sun and feel it's warmth, but here in NC I long for winter.

What I really miss is crisp fall days, low humidity and 70
                        s. Seems like a dream now days.

Can remember driving to visit my son on campus and the day (November) was sunny, but cool. The corn fields were done for and awaiting the plow. A mist hung over them and I felt like I was moving through a lovely picture!

We get very brief moments like that in the South, but on the good side we get only short reminders of snow up to your knees and 'black ice' to slip and fall on.

Good to have both memories.

Diane
                        You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Comment

Working...
                        X