Upper Thigh Cramp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upper Thigh Cramp

Am I going nuts? I have had MS for more than 25 years and was lucky enough to not have pain. (Not so lucky to not get MS but I digress) Anyway I have been in a wheelchair for 10 years and was dealing with things pretty well. WELL then, I started having a cramp or something in my upper right leg when I laid down. It would hit me and my leg would jerk into a bent up position and the only relief I got was to be on my side with my knees bent up. My masseuse had a name for what muscle it was. I am going to Physical Therapy now but it is still bothering me. Has anyone had this happen to them and is there a fix?

Cramps

I take a Tizanidine tablet up to three times a day to relieve the cramps I get in my thighs, I'm not sure its the best cramp reliever, but it does work and is generic. During the day I take 1/2 of a 4mg tablet, taking more will often cause me to fall asleep if I'm reading or watching TV.

My cramps aren't as intense as yours.

Comment

Cramps

Hey, thanks for the answer. I wondered if there was anything to take to relieve the pain. Does this make your legs weaker. We use my spasticity to transfer to the bed or toilet but baclofen makes me crumble. I will ask my Doctor about this stuff.

Comment

Time

My pain in my leg is getting less and less. My personal trainer says I need blood flow.

Comment

Working...
        X