Started Copaxone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Started Copaxone

Nurse was sweet and full of information. Used the autoinject and did my first shot. Initially not too bad but then OUCH! Felt like I got stung by a very large wasp.

Took a bit to go away (I took a nap) when I got up, all but gone.

Then the reality..I get to do this again and again and again.

I am ok, just another realization that I have an illness that is not going away and if I don't fight back, it wins.

I am willing to fight!

Originally posted by Wobbler View Post
    Nurse was sweet and full of information. Used the autoinject and did my first shot. Initially not too bad but then OUCH! Felt like I got stung by a very large wasp.

Took a bit to go away (I took a nap) when I got up, all but gone.

Then the reality..I get to do this again and again and again.

I am ok, just another realization that I have an illness that is not going away and if I don't fight back, it wins.

I am willing to fight!

That sounds great and not as painful as I would have thought. Congratulations and good luck!

Comment

I started Copaxone 5 days ago. So far so good. Yes, it's uncomfortable but it's manageable.

Good luck to you.

Comment

I was on Copaxone for almost 5 years. For a long time, I would use ice to the site where I would inject for a few minutes before which helped with the burning. Also I HATE the auto injector. It shoots it in way too fast and makes it burn. If you do it yourself you can control how fast it goes.

After a while, I didn't need the ice. I still got small "welts" each time, particularly in the arms and legs, less so on my belly.

Good luck
        Dx: 2001
        Currently on Tysabri since Dec 2010
        Feel lucky to be doing so well!

Comment

I am almost on month 3 of my Copaxone and am so glad I went this route. I inject in the morning before I hop in the shower and it has become part of my routine. It might add one extra minute on my routine....small sting at first but then it goes away by the time my shower is over. It also stings more if I don't let the alcohol dry all the way before I do it. What number do you have your Autoject on? I change mine....when I do the stomach and hips I put it on a higher number....thighs-smaller number because when you sit down there isn't as much padding....just my 2 cents....

Comment

The first few weeks are the hardest, each time you can tell yourself, this gets easier....

Unless you have some bad reaction to it.

When you do your legs, don't sit with your knee bent, have your leg straight, top of your thigh will be more relaxed.

Careful you don't pull out before it's done, I have and you will get some into the skin doing that, and it's bad for the skin. Should be able to feel the little air bubble at the end of the shot. Can also watch the little window for the red indicator, just make sure it's done.

If your having trouble or need tips, your not alone....

Comment

Working...
            X