Thalamic Pain Syndrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thalamic Pain Syndrome

Just wondering if anyone out there suffers from Thalamic Pain Syndrome? I was diagnosed with this about a year ago. Am still in lymboland with the MS diagnosis. That makes this a mystery to them, but would love to know if anyone else has this and how they cope. I take 150mg of LYRICA a day and hydracodone as needed at night for pain. Thanks for your imput!

Hello mrslutman,

Thalamic Pain Syndrome is also known as Central Pain Syndrome (CPS). This is seen in MS but there are other causes.

Here is some information on CPS:
    http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/c...ntral_pain.htm

I hope Lyrica and hydracodone is helping.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Central pain is a bear....The narcotics didn't do enough for me. I prefer gabapentin, but my neuro says there are other meds that work (I've tried, but too many side effects...I'm a wimp!...lol)....Depakote, Lithium, lamictal, tegretol are some of the drugs that can help.

I think central pain is from longstanding neurological damage....mine is from a lesion in C-spine that gives me heck!

God Bless
      Insanity is doing the same thing over and over then expecting a different result
      "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death" -Earl Wilson

Comment

Working...
      X