New Trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Trial

After a year on Copaxone it was concluded that it wasn't working. So my doctor asked if I would be interested in a new trial treatment for people who haven't been on the other MS treatments yet. So I said sure why not. I found out I'm only the 10th person in the United States to be on it. This treatment doesn't even have a name yet but my nurse calls it "D2". I had my first injection this passed Thursday... and I'm still alive ! LOL Apparently it's supposed to show improvement with lesions in as little as 12 weeks. I'm getting an injection once a week for 12 weeks but the goal is for it to be once a month. It's SubQ so it's also meant to be a home injection. Of course for me I get to spend 5 hours being monitored in an infusion center but it's actually kind of cool! I feel so special LOL! No major side effects have been reported yet but I'm having to wear a dumb portable heart monitor. After this week I won't have to wear it anymore thank goodness! I will try to update this post every so often with anything new

Katie, bless you for volunteering to do the trial. I wish that I could qualify for a trial. Most trials won't allow anyone over 55 to be in the trial and I am 57.

I have done Beta, Avonex, Copaxone, and am currently doing Ty but have had to be off for 3 months so far because of other health issues. I will pray that you have no side effects and tha this is a drug that does wonders for you and for others.
    "...the joy of the Lord is your (my) strength." Nehemiah 8:10

Comment

Wondering if that is a drug by Lilly pharmaceuticals. I was perusing some clinical trials and saw that one. I just was speaking to someone who works there and said they had some new stuff for MS and there are clinical trials for.

Good luck to you!

Comment

I believe this one is Elan Pharm. i'm at work right now so i don't have all the papers with me to look at. I can post specifics once i get home this afternoon! .. if i remember... gotta love memory issues at age 28! LOL

Comment

Thank you so much for being willing to try this and I hope it works wonders for you!
          He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
          Anonymous

Comment

Working...
          X