Can't do it anymore!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't do it anymore!!!

My RRMS is taking everything from me!!! I do not go out anymore unless I have a doctor's appointment. I have lived in Texas for four years and I have no friends here and my husband is working all day. I can't get around anymore and the depression is too much.

I'm really sorry you are feeling so down, do think about talking to your docs about fatigue, depression, checking out what can be done to improve your quality of life. Fatigue was my biggest symptoms and I didn't figure this out soon enough!

Comment

DONT BE BLUE

ITS HARD SOMETIMES SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE NO CHILDREN .GET ON CHAT SOMETIMES THAT HELP JUST READING WHAT THEY SAY N MAYBE TELL YOUR HUSBAND TO TAKE ONE DAY A WEEK TO DO SOMETHING EVEN IF ITS RIDING IN THE CAR OR WRITE US SOMEBODY ALWAYS RESPONSED. ALSO LAST FIND ANTIDEPERSANT.

Comment

Check with the city you live in and see if they have disability transportation. I bet they do have it because of the ADA. You could take them to and from MS support group meetings, which might help. Maybe seeing a counselor or psychologist might help you feel better, too.

I see a psychiatrist and take anti-depressants. I am NOT saying you're crazy, though I'm not so sure of myself . I find it very helpful to say anything I want to someone without feeling like I'm dumping everything on my DH.
        As far as possible without surrender, be on good terms with all persons.

Comment

Originally posted by corso1102 View Post
          My RRMS is taking everything from me!!! I do not go out anymore unless I have a doctor's appointment. I have lived in Texas for four years and I have no friends here and my husband is working all day. I can't get around anymore and the depression is too much.
          Are you feeling any better? I hope so!

Comment

I completely understand how u feel!

Hi my name is tammy... and I get sooooo depressed because I am here in my house I can't go anywhere. The only time I get dressed w make up is on Sunday morning for church or a dr appt. I have my dogs. But I am lonely. Everyone thinks what I have is catching... or they don't want to b sad. I just want lots of girl friends to have coffee or tea and laugh at me... I don't know about u but home can turn into a jail when u love to b around ppl!

I will pray for u....! Take care!

Comment

corso, what part of TX are you in? I'm in Houston.
              I'd look into the ADA transportation in your city & finding a support group. I know I am currently looking a group myself. I feel the need to be able to talk about this monster with others who understand.
              DX 10/2008
              Beta Babe 12/2008-07/2013
              Tecfidera 07/2013-01/2018
              Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

Comment

I actually have my husband and 2 kids in the house. But I still feel so alone at times. It is good to be able to talk to someone who understands what you are dealing with. I live no where near TX but here is a bbbbbiiiigggg virtual hug. ((((((((((HUG)))))))))))
                "Therefore we do not give up, but even if the man we are outside is wasting away, certainly the man we are inside is being renewed from day to day." 2 Cor. 4:16

Comment

I am so sorry your going through this rt now. I have had a bad few years and felt like my life had been taken fr me. My only hobby was doctors appts. I saw a therapist for the last yr and that helped a lot. In the middle of everything my father committed suicide so I can certainly relate to the depression. Talk to your nerologists and your GP, dont be afraid of anti- depressants and therapy. It's ok to need something and use it. Good luck to you.I hope it gets better!

Comment

Corso

Look how many of us face MS and face depression. You are not alone.

No one can understand the depth of your feelings but get help. Step out there and find a friend.

Email me. I am a long way away but would love to have a virtual penpal to tell me about Texas.

*** Moderator's note - e-mail address removed as per MSWorld guideline #3. Your e-mail address can put in your profile for all registered, logged-in members to see ***

Justacowgirl
                    Diagnosed with MS spring 2010; Still loving life

Comment

I hope things turn around for you. I get that way sometimes and I am on antidepressants. Lately I have told myself that I will not let this disease get to me...but then I overdo it and am in the house all day just sleeping and laying around. Try to find that transportation. One of my big things if Facebook. I have talked to old friends, family and I play lots of games on there. Gives me something to do. I also scrapbook when hands are good. Please feel better this dx is hard enough and than depression is added ot it.

I went through a bout of that when both of my dd's were in college, and we had no money cause I had two in college, but dh and I went somewhere every weekend. Sometimes, it was just a picnic lunch at a local park or a trip to the antique mall. It is hard to get others even spouses to understand.....but hang in there.

judySz

Comment

Corso, I live in the Houston area and moved here 3 years ago. My children and parents live far away so do not see them which adds to my down periods.

Don't give up. I found an amazing church where I live and these people are the greatest. We have many with worse diabilities than mine so they are very accepting and understanding and helping.

If you could find a church in your area it might help you to contact them and see what things they offer.

There are many other good organizations that can help you too along with anti-depressants.

The people in Texas are amazing even if they are larger than life at times, but then so is Texas.

Don't give up. We care.
                        "...the joy of the Lord is your (my) strength." Nehemiah 8:10

Comment

Thank you everyone that posted a comment to my thread. I am feeling much better. I have 3 kids that keep me very busy and my doctor modified my depression meds so that gave me the boost I need. I still don't get out much, but school is about to begin in TX, so I'll be out and about again.

Comment

So glad you are doing better! Thanks for letting us know!

Comment

I have MS and I was DX in March of this year. It has been so hard on me and my family. I had neck and back surgery in 2009, come to find out were related to my MS. I became totally disabled in Oct of 09. It is so hard everyday. My husband is a police officer and works 12 hr days. I have a 6 yr old daughter that is my entire world. She is one of the only reasons I get up in the mornings. I don't go out either unless I have to. It is just my TV and I most days. I am on antidepressants also which keeps me level but even those don't always keep u up. I have said it already many times I am already wanting to stop. How do u keep going everyday? All the unknowns and meds. It is so hard.

Comment

Working...
                              X