Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope this doesn't drone on but if you all don't understand what I am experiencing, nobody will.

I think, in relation to others, my journey towards dx has been relatively short. I still do not have a firm diagnosis but my contrast MRI came back with areas of white spots/demyelantion sp) Not a big surprise because of the classic symptoms..numbing hands/arms, burning foot/exhaustion and most recently, messed up words, to name a few. So next step. MRI of neck and LP. I do not want to have the LP but what's a girl to do.

I am not on any meds but feel that I am going to ask for something, anything, to help with this fatigue and numbness/tingling and left arm pain. Can I do that?

I am a divorced, very young, 46 year old woman and have been on a mission until now, to fall in love again. Met a great guy, cut him lose because of all of this. I know nothing about what is happening to me, how can I expect a man I barely have a relationship with to continue and not telling seemed a lie to me. Totally not fair to him.

Will I be able to find love and a wonderful, long term, commited relationship despite the problems I have? I would really like to hear some of your stories about this topic.

P.S. I am allergic to cats so that is not an option. ;-)

I know I will have many questions along the way but if you all could help with these two, I would be appreciative.

Lil
    Treat yourself as you would treat your dearest friend. Be kind to yourself. Be supportive.

Hi Lil,

I was diagnosed at 42 and I have cats even though slightly allergic. I've been on meds since diagnosis (copaxone worked the best for me) and I'm doing great ten years later at age 52. This isn't a death sentence and the DMDs aren't as bad as you might think. Life goes on.

Go with the research and go on with your life... MS is easily treated compared to the past decades.
    Take care, Wiz
    RRMS Restarted Copaxone 12/09

Comment

Hello Lil

Welcome to the MS World Forums!

To answer your first question:
      I am not on any meds but feel that I am going to ask for something, anything, to help with this fatigue and numbness/tingling and left arm pain. Can I do that?
      I don't see any reason why you can't ask your doctor for symptom medications.

Your second question:
      Will I be able to find love and a wonderful, long term, commited relationship despite the problems I have?
      When it comes to love, anything is possible....
      (Check out the Relationships and Carepartnering Forum)

Glad you found us here - hope to see more of your posts

Take care,
      KoKo
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

The cat comment was meant to be funny. Get an animal instead of dating..you know?? LOL!!

KoKo, thanks for the directions, I got lost! :-) I did read a little bit and will browse through this section more as this is something that I really, REALLY wanted b4 all of this came up. Maybe we can start our own???

Have a blessed day!

Lil
        Treat yourself as you would treat your dearest friend. Be kind to yourself. Be supportive.

Comment

Hi there Newbie

nice to meet you

Why did you think that you had to cut the man lose?

If he really cared about you he would have stayed, you maybe should have given him that chance.

When it comes to love, real love, it doesn't worry about what is wrong with us, what matters is why we care for each other.

Yes, having MS makes it hard on our partners, but if they truly care they are with you for the long haul, if they don't then it is better that they are gone. We have enough to deal with without needing to worry about if they are gonna stay or leave. If they want to leave, believe me, they will and we wouldn't be able to change that.

Good luck to you. Worry about you for now, and when the time is right you will find that Mr. right. Don't just settle for who ever comes along.

Comment

Hi Joan,
            I did it cause there wasn't anything invested yet, having just met him a few weeks ago. He didn't protest and that spoke volumes. :-)

And, what you say about taking care of me, is exactly right. And another reason for cutting him loose. I don't know what is happening with me now and have a 15 yr old son I need to worry about at this point, in addition to myself and trying to find a way to feel better, in all ways plus get through each day at work without calling it quits at noon and crawling under my desk for a three hour nap. I seem good until about that time each day. (Yesterday, I took a 3.5 hour nap and when I woke up, I freaked out...LOL!!) How could I invest time and energy into something new at this point?

My initial question is for after everything settles down, as much as it can.

Thanks so much!!

Comment

naps are good lily

Originally posted by lily09 View Post
              Hi Joan,
              I did it cause there wasn't anything invested yet, having just met him a few weeks ago. He didn't protest and that spoke volumes. :-)

And, what you say about taking care of me, is exactly right. And another reason for cutting him loose. I don't know what is happening with me now and have a 15 yr old son I need to worry about at this point, in addition to myself and trying to find a way to feel better, in all ways plus get through each day at work without calling it quits at noon and crawling under my desk for a three hour nap. I seem good until about that time each day. (Yesterday, I took a 3.5 hour nap and when I woke up, I freaked out...LOL!!) How could I invest time and energy into something new at this point?

My initial question is for after everything settles down, as much as it can.

Thanks so much!!

do you work at home? I mean for employment, of course, cause I the house is work by it's self. LOL

I found that a new relationships happen out of the blue when you least expect them.

Funny when I was suddenly single 25+ yrs ago, I had this predetermined idea of the type of guy I would not date. Guess what, I broke everyone of my self imposed rules. LOL

You have to number 1 all the time, or you will find yourself not being treated like the most important person in a relationship. Ask me, I always have to find that out the hard way.

Take care friend, and please let up know how you are doing

Comment

First of all. if the MRI shows enough evidence of MS there is no need for a LP. I almost had one but my current Neurologist saved me from the other doctor that was wanting to do the LP. So you might ask about that!!!

I'm 28 with a 4 year old son, still working full time but seeing the end of that approaching too quickly... So I can at least sort of understand some of what might be spinning in your head. its hard... some times... too hard! but tomorrow still comes whether i wish it or not, simply because i know my son needs me and as a parent i'm sure you understand when i say, i would move mountains for my little boy if i needed to!!! "Life doesn't turn out the way we hoped, but we might as well dance!!"

And love will come find you! I found it, i'm a divorced single mom too. and I managed to snag me a wonderful man who has stuck by me through this last year and still going strong Never give up!

The beginning of the MS road sucks... ok well it might never stop sucking but some times are better than others. and you have TONS of people here to help you through it!

I've found theres no one better to carry you though this chronic illness road better than a bunch of other chronically ill people! LOL! we got your back darlin`!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ewizabeth View Post
                  Hi Lil,

I was diagnosed at 42 and I have cats even though slightly allergic. I've been on meds since diagnosis (copaxone worked the best for me) and I'm doing great ten years later at age 52. This isn't a death sentence and the DMDs aren't as bad as you might think. Life goes on.

Go with the research and go on with your life... MS is easily treated compared to the past decades.
                  tyvm i needed to hear this u r my angel for the day ill stop reading now god bless u always and big hug

Comment

More news

Thanks for the help all and Katie, I adore you.

So, my neuro wasn't due back in the office until tomorrow and I really wanted her confirmation that further testing was needed. Funny, 8:30 a.m. this morning, she called and yes, she wants both the second MRI done and the LP. She indicates she is trying to rule out infection or the demylenating disease (I don't get the difference, but wth). Also insisted I get my eyes examined because of some funky reaction during the exam last Thursday so that is today. Others are next Tuesday.

I feel hopeful that maybe, just maybe, I will have a concrete dx by the end of July. Not bad compared to some others I have heard about.

Weird how fast your life can change..but I am always blessed.

lil

Comment

new friend

Originally posted by lily09 View Post
                      Thanks for the help all and Katie, I adore you.

So, my neuro wasn't due back in the office until tomorrow and I really wanted her confirmation that further testing was needed. Funny, 8:30 a.m. this morning, she called and yes, she wants both the second MRI done and the LP. She indicates she is trying to rule out infection or the demylenating disease (I don't get the difference, but wth). Also insisted I get my eyes examined because of some funky reaction during the exam last Thursday so that is today. Others are next Tuesday.

I feel hopeful that maybe, just maybe, I will have a concrete dx by the end of July. Not bad compared to some others I have heard about.

Weird how fast your life can change..but I am always blessed.

lil
                      yes mam always blessed i will keep u in my prayers

Comment

Thank you

Thanks to those of you who responded, much appreciated and the added support is great! I hope to make some new buddies as well!

Be blessed.

lil

Comment

I had both the MRI and LP. I didn't want the LP, believe me, I was scared to death! But to me it was the ultimate confirmation of my ms, it left no doubt. I didn't have lesions in my brain (or possibly did, there were two black spots that were in areas typically not associated with MS--I suffered from migraines and my neuro said they could've been from that) but two lesions in my spinal cord in my neck.

At my last MRI, the person who read the scan said no new or active lesions, but that I did have two old MS lesions in my brain (I guess he's referring to the two black spots there) so I don't know if they were or weren't lesions....two different opinions from two different radiologists.

I am 44, soon to be 45 and have been diagnosed for a year and have been on Avonex for a year. I like the weekly injections (if like is the right word, lol!).

Your symptoms sound just like mine...hands tingling, burning, weakness, words...

I know it's a scary time right now. I was terrified. But I'm here and doing ok and just about as "normal" as I was before my diagnosis...although I don't know that my husband would ever use the word normal with me--ha! You'll make it just fine. There are great people on this forum for support.

Comment

Working...
                          X