A silly question about SX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A silly question about SX

If you are touchy or easily offended please do not read further. I am a hypochondriac by nature, I have been there, but curious to see what others have to think.

My DH is going through round two of the "OMG, I have MS" ride. He was DXed as probable 7 years ago, and has now had another flare with multiple lesions (my untrained eye counted 5 on the MRI so maybe more). Since I have my issues, my neurosis, I think, has rubbed off on him.

It started with an itch.

-Is an itch a symptom?- he asked.
    It can be, but it is probably just an itch.
    (He starts scratching periodically)
    -It (his neck) started itching a few days ago, but is worse tonight.
    Hmmm...maybe its the prednisone.
    -I think it is shingles...I read that it can start with an itch.
    Or maybe it is an itch and you are thinking about it too much...a psychogenic itch.
    -I am telling you, it is shingles.
    (he itches a little more)
    If you had shingles you would have had a rash by now. Hey, what did you say the other day about the Nook. Do you want to get one still?
    -Yeah...but I am not sure if it is that or a Kindle.
    How about you look it up?

So he gets his laptop comparing the Nook and Kindle and the itch miraculously stops. I giggle because I have been there.

Do/Did any of you find little things, like an itch, and turn it into something dire? I think part of his problem is he is somewhat numb in that area and an itch feels odd, bringing more attention to it.
    DH - RRMS (DX 9/10/10), GERD, Asthma
    Me - RA, Sjogren's, Joint replacement queen
    DS - T1 Diabetes, Seizures, Asthma

I had a rash during my last two flareups. Was it related to MS? No idea. Dermo wasn't sure. Mine wasn't in my head or due to nervousness, I know that. The rash appeared out of nowhere and didn't itch at first before getting itchy and weepy. I think it was related to my immune system's funkiness. IVSM took care of it for me though, but the itch and the rash before that was dire indeed.

Comment

Hey Shandi!

Your post made me laugh because you sound just like me! I too am a closet hypochondriac by nature. Before MS I used to freak out about every little thing. Strangely, since MS, I don't. I guess once you have something big like a nasty flare, the little things lose their power to disturb.

To give your husband his due, though, it could very well be an MS thing. When I went numb from the waist down, I had a nasty horizontal itch along the line between normal and numbness. I still get it now and again but am able to tune it out and it goes away after a while. Distraction is always a good thing.

C

Comment

Working...
      X