DMD #3??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DMD #3??

I was diagnosed Dec '09 with initial symptoms of ON and started on Avonex right away. Symptoms cleared without steroids but I had a second relapse at the end of February....MRI showed a new active lesion causing the double vision. My neuro said my MS was more active than she'd hoped and suggested I change DMD's to Rebif which I did.

I had a follow up appointment with my neuro last week and I let her know I've had some "weird" numb feelings in my right arm and leg. I truly can't remember if these symptoms were there all along or if they're new. She suggested we run MRI's again to see if there's new lesions.

My question...after such a long winded story...if there are new active lesions does it make sense to change medications again or has it been long enough on the current type of medication to know if they are working or not?

Many Thanks for your thoughts!

I am in the same boat as you. I had my first flare in Jan., was diagnosed and started Avonex. I continued to have flares, and another MRI in May showed, a new lesion in c-spine area. So doc switched me to Rebif. I have been on it for 7 weeks now.

The past few days, i have been having some bladder issues and some nonstop twitching. While this stuff is annoying, it isn't bad enough for me to call in--especially since I am going to Vanderbilt on Tuesday. I'm just waiting to see what happens.

Anyway, I wonder too, if I am still having issues if it is due to just not being on the med long enough.
    Melody
    Diagnosed 1/28/10

Comment

It took a long time for Avonex to ramp up to it's full effect for me. I've read different info about this, can't really recall the averages. I had an MRI 18 months after starting Avonex, it showed a new lesion but it wasn't active, indicating it was older and may have developed before Avonex had a chance to ramp up to it's full effect.

I didn't change medications, but we did talk about adding on. Because of no enhancement, we took a wait and see approach. It really was my decision.

As far as the adding on, that might have been one of the chemo drugs, or pulse steroids.

At this time Tysabri was not an option.

Hope my info helps......

Comment

It helps knowing I can come here to voice my questions and concerns. Thank you for your replies and I will keep you posted when I find out more.

Comment

Working...
        X