MS AC and Taxes???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS AC and Taxes???

Hello everybody! We are thinking of putting in central air conditioning, and I heard that there can be major tax breaks bc of this.

Has anyone ever been through this process? Was it a pain? Do I need to contact Feds/someone before we start?

I would really like to hear anyone's experiances and pointers if you have any!

Thanks All!!!
    -Creede

Creede,

It's been a long time since I did this so things might have changed but...

You need a letter from your doctor stating AC is required for medical reasons (reason may or may not be needed).

When you file taxes AC is claimed under medical. If you don't have enough medical to claim on taxes then the AC will not be deductable.

We never have enough medical to claim on taxes (good medical insurance) so even though I had the documention I was not able to claim AC.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Hello Creede

If you are talking about the energy star tax breaks, your contractor has to have a certificate stating that you a/c is a qualified unit.

A tax consultant will know just what you have to do to get the tax break. I think I would start there. Any CPA office would be a good source for the info.

Contractors some times will yes you to death just to get the job.

Good luck. Hope things go smoothly for you.

Comment

Working...
      X