Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been away for awhile...

Hi,

I took a break from everything, no doc appointments, no forums, just relaxing and going to a therapist. I got a really nice counselor that I'm happy about. I never thought it could feel so nice unloading everything lol

Anyways, in process of scheduling nerve test as well as OBGYN blood work to check my levels and pituitary gland because I have had no cycle for almost 9 months, no explanation.

The increase in Neurontin has really helped me out a lot as well as taking the Welbutrin. The mood swings are almost none now and I can cope with the fatigue a whole lot better. The bladder pill is working wonders!

I've been experiencing a lot of pressure, burning, redness, and hot in my feet. Also, white spots appear on the sides of my arches and go up my foot a bit. They come and go.

A lot of vision changes. My eye sight is getting worse, saw a flash of light the other day and a string of floaters. Waking up in the morning for the past week, I see thousands of circles in the room with circles inside of them.

Started getting what I think to be a true feeling of electric shock. It's not like the buzzing shock sensations on the surface of the skin, it happened inside once in my arm and once in my leg. Literally like I just stuck my finger in a light socket type of feeling but only for a short second.

Does anyone else experience any of these things I mention?

Originally posted by jamilea View Post
    My eye sight is getting worse, saw a flash of light the other day and a string of floaters.
    Hi jamilea:
    "Flashes and floaters" are the most common symptoms of a tear or detachment of the retina. Your eye doctor will tell you that flashes and floaters -- especially with worsening vision -- should be evaluated ASAP because a detached retina is bad news. Detached retinas die, and dead retinas don't regenerate.

Symptoms alone can't tell you what the problem is. Only a dilated exam by your eye doctor can determine whether you were having simple neurological symptoms, your vitreous has detached or your retina is damaged. Retinal detachment is considered to be an ocular urgency or emergency while the central retina is still attached. After the central retina has detached, it isn't an emergency anymore because vision will never return to normal, even after reattachment surgery.

Better safe than sorry. The smart thing is to call your ophthalmologist ASAP.

Comment

Well I've already been to see an ophthalmologist. He only did the dilation test and said my eyes are completely healthy.

I have Kaiser insurance so we can email our doctors online. I asked him about the many vision symptoms I have been having and he couldn't answer any of them AND took a whole month to even email me back. I'm working on finding another one.

Comment

Hello jamilea

Just wanted to say we're glad you're back

I had help from a therapist for quite awhile too. It was extremely beneficial for me

Glad to hear that some of your symptom meds are helping you. Sorry you're having problems with your feet and your vision. I've not experienced those particular issues, but maybe others who have will respond.

I think the electric shock type feelings can vary from person to person - that's fairly common with MS. The feelings can be perceived differently in each individual.

Hope you're feeling better soon

Take care,
        KoKo
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
        X