Inclined Bed Therapy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inclined Bed Therapy

Is anyone doing this and what has been your experience?

For more information google "inclined bed therapy multiple sclerosis" and watch the YouTube video.

I did come across the info on inclined bed therapy and possible benefits. At the time I was noticing that I slept better on my couch when I did sleep in a more inclined position, so I shoved a bunch of pillows under my mattress to get as much incline as I could to see how I slept.

I do sleep better with the head of my bed inclined, no doubt about it. Not really sure if I can relate symptom relief to doing this.

I'd like to do a better job of inclining my mattress rather than what I've done with pillows. Just haven't gotten around to working on it. Some people with reflux put bricks under the bed posts/supports at the head of the bed to incline.

Comment

There is a relatively new product that works with most beds, that I've seen in a catalog. It is an inflatable wedge that goes between mattress and box spring with an electrical pump you control to inflate or deflate. It inflates to a triangular wedge shape that raises the head of the bed. I've thought about getting one myself since my hubby has bad allergies abd sinus problems 1/3 of the year which makes him snore terribly. The problem is that I'm a side sleeper. We may just get twin XL adjustable tempurpedic mattresses next time we need a new bed and put them together. Lol! I just don't think that would be very good for ~ahem~ other more "recreational" activities that take place in bed ;-)

Comment

We picked up a remote controlled adjustable frame at IKEA that works really well. Just put it under the matress and you can incline as much as you need. I don't remember the price, but I know it was fairly reasonable (we ARE talking IKEA after all).
        ~This life is only a test. Had it been an actual life, you would have been given further instructions on what to do and where to go~
        Blessings, Kris

Comment

I tried it years ago. Did nothing for me as far as I could tell.
          Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift!

Comment

Working...
          X