Pity Party!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pity Party!

I'm six weeks into my diagnosis and not having a good day. I guess I'm just feeling sorry for myself and need to let it out.
    I keep asking myself if there was something I did to cause this. Could I have prevented myself from "getting" MS?

It's a stupid question, that I already know the answer to, but I cant stop thinking about it.

I guess things are a little better than they were a month ago. My vision has slightly improved, the hug is gone, I'm walking a little better. I'm learning to cope a little better.

I just have those days where I want to cry and fel sorry for myself. I think this is the only place where people undertstand that.
    Courage is NOT the absence of fear, it is going forward in spite of fear. Diagnosed 5/27/10

Hi there gypsy

pitty party is acceptable here. Not to worry, we all have them at times.

Good that you are a bit better than a month ago. That is a plus right.

Come back and vent anytime you will be in good company

Comment

It's ok to have a pity party. Just 6 wks after a diagnosis you are still in shock. There was nothing you did that caused this. It was just in your cards. This is a great site to be on. You can get a lot of feedback and information on how the disease has affected others. Remember, it can affect everyone differently but here people have been there. I do suggest that you be proactive. Get with your Dr and get started on one of the meds for MS that helps slow down progression. Stay active! Exercise! And the pity party--you will have days where you will have them and I think it's ok. But limit it and pick yourself up and go on. Welcome to a great site.

Comment

These DX make no sense. I am 15 years into my RA and get mad about it. My hubby has had his DX looming for years now and it makes me mad. My son's T1 diabetes and seizures make no sense and after 5 years makes me mad.

I throw stuff.

I yell at God.

I cry.

Could it be worse? Yes. (I hate when people tell me that) But to me/us it seems like the end of the world at times. Let me have my pity party, let me have my fit. We will be okay, but when this stuff is ever present it is ever present stress, ever present questioning.
        DH - RRMS (DX 9/10/10), GERD, Asthma
        Me - RA, Sjogren's, Joint replacement queen
        DS - T1 Diabetes, Seizures, Asthma

Comment

Pity party is definitely OK. Everyone here understands in ways that others around you may not, and that is OK, too. Someone who hasn't stood in your shoes can't know how you're feeling.

Be sure that you keep active and continue with your real life - don't let the pity party spiral into a depression.

Get involved in your care and be proactive if you aren't already.

This is a great site - I can't believe what a help it's been to me in my early stages of diagnosis. Welcome !

Comment

Thank you. I knew I would find understanding here.
            Courage is NOT the absence of fear, it is going forward in spite of fear. Diagnosed 5/27/10

Comment

Working...
            X