Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can crying bring out some but not all symptoms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can crying bring out some but not all symptoms?

I lost my friend of 8 years, my snoopy dog. I am very depressed at the moment. At times crying so that it's hard to breathe-hyperventilating. To think of something else I pulled out my road atlas to plan a trip at the end of the month. I can not tell the difference between the orange/red and not really on the blue/green. Problems with colors I havn't experienced since my first exacerbation. No other problems (MS) tonight. I should know this but don't at the moment. Could my lack of color distinction be from only crying my eyes out or am I working myself into a psuedo?

Gee I'm soooo sorry

The loss of a pet is hard on anyone

Don't know about crying causing a change in sx, but stress sure can. Not sure about the eyes but I sure have had more spasms during time of stress.

Hope you feel better soon. It takes time to adjust to a loss. Your pet was there all the time and the emptiness is hard to fill. Don't be hard on yourself.

Comment

So sorry to hear about the loss of your furry family member. That is one of the most difficult things I've ever experienced in my life.

I can't answer your questions, but you may want to contact your Dr. and just let them know what is happening. Stress can do funny things with your body.

Hope that you can remember the good times and that you get past this hard part of the grieving process soon.

Comment

I totally agree, it's not the crying, it's the stress.

Actually, I find crying pretty cathartic...and usually feel better emotionally after a good cry.

But stress (and the loss of a pet is stress) will bring on symptoms, that's for sure.

Comment

I'm so sorry about your dog. The loss of a close pet is one of the hardest things I've ever gone through, emotionally. Right now, we're waiting and watching our 7 year old sweetie who supposedly has cancer, and hoping that her lack of symptoms and being around a year longer than she was given, means the test results were misread. Had a melanoma removed nearly 2 yrs ago.

I agree that the emotional stress is what's caused your symptoms to get worse. Heck, we were threatened with losing our foster/adopt baby 2 yrs ago who we'd had from 6 weeks old(5 months when birthmom came forward with birthdad name), and I know that the emotional stress of that situation is what put me into my first mega-flare of my arthritis disease. He's since been adopted and is our very busy 2 1/2 year old who wears me out. Lol!

Just be sure to take some time to grieve and take it easy. If you can, rest, go to bed, and hopefully the symptoms will improve as you start feeling better emotionally too.

~~hugs~~ from a fellow animal lover and mom to 3 dogs and 4 kids.

Comment

Thank you all for your support. It has helped with a really rough day.

Comment

Oh my sympathies for the loss of a loved pet. I am a huge animal lover and know first hand the stress that losing someone so close can bring.
              I hope the vision issues go away and that your heart heals in time.

Comment

So sorry about your beloved pet. My pom is everything to my husband and I and I feel so bad for you! I think your symptoms are probaly from stress, I often have increased vision issues when I have extreme stress. Take care of yourself, so sorry.

Comment

Working...
                X