Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 7/8/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 7/8/10

Hi Everyone. Only three people reported this week. I am afraid people took time off to celebrate the 4th of July. I do hope you all will come back this week. Holidays tend to disrupt our efforts, but just look at it as the time to start over fresh. Don’t just say to heck with it which sometimes people have a tendency to do. You can get back on course. No one reported a weight gain this week. Remember reporting keeps you aware. Don’t look at it as a failure but just a little bump in the road. I gained a pound this week which is a good thing. Now I am up to 112 which is still a bit less than I want to be.

SilverLinings, we are more than happy to have you join us. Just post your results from Thursday to Thursday. Below is an explanation of how it works. I am leaving the information there because so many people ask. Welcome aboard.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over seven years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip for the week:

Some say lentils are a bona fide belly flattener. “They’re high in protein and soluble fiber, two nutrients that stabilize blood sugar levels," says Tanya Zuckerbrot, R.D., author of The F-Factor Diet (Putnam Adult). "Eating them helps prevent insulin spikes that cause your body to create excess fat, especially in the abdominal area."
    There are many varieties of lentils, but red and yellow cook fastest (in about 15 to 20 minutes). Add cooked lentils to pasta sauce for a heartier dish, Zuckerbrot suggests. "Their mild flavor blends right in, and because they're high in protein, you can skip meat altogether."

Results for 7/1/10:

Total Loss: 3 lbs. by one member. Too bad that member is me who is trying to gain a couple of pounds. I hope we hear this week from members who have lost. Losing really is a feather in your cap.

Total Gain: 0 lbs. by zero members. It is good to report as painful as it may be. Reporting helps us focus on what’s happening and to try harder. Don’t hide. Do let us know if you have gained.

Stayed The Same: Two. This is success and don’t ever forget it. Just remember it is just the time before the next loss. I hope people who stayed the same this week will let us know.

2916.38 is our grand total of weigh loss for the past 7 plus years.

Wow, I don't remember reporting in the last few weeks! However, I did lose 1 whole lb. Geez, that's not much in all that time.

I have been eating alot of salads and more fruit lately though. Would have thought I would be down 3-4 lbs.

There's always next week!

Hope everyone is enjoying the summer months!!

Comment

shrink karen

i reported in with a 5 lb loss over i think it was 2 weeks so guess that would be 2.5 for 1 week sorry i did not get in here sooner been down with my back as i prob. will be next week since i have another injection mon. hopefully it will not be as bad as the last one take care and GOD BLESS

Comment

my 'bump' in the road was a 2.4 galin
        too much fun w/ DD in town. try to do better this week. tho am exercising more than ever!
        GOd bless ya!
        "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Working...
        X