Tricare Insurance and Copaxone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tricare Insurance and Copaxone?

Anyone have Tricare Insurance and taking Copaxone?

I called Shared Solutions today to see what the status of my prescription is and they are waiting on the insurance company.

They did call the mail order pharmacy that my insurance uses while I was on the phone. I was told by someone there that someone at the insurance company would have to authorize the script or something like that?

WHAT? I know it is expensive but I have never been told I have to wait for meds before.

Your in-put appreciated.

I don't have Tricare, but I know that both my Avonex and Rebif scripts had to be pre-authorized by my insurance company before they were filled.

Stay on the insurance company, the pharmacy, and the drug company or it falls through the cracks. I learned that the hard way because it took 6 weeks to get my Avonex. It was due to the insurance company wanting the script on a specific form, which my doctor didn't send the right one, and then a ton of other miscommunications.
    Melody
    Diagnosed 1/28/10

Comment

I have Tricare Standard – I actually switched from Prime to Standard after my diagnosis in April. I take Rebif now. I did receive my first box within a few days of my doctor submitting the prescription. I didn’t have any issues with Tricare. My co-pay is $9 a month.

Comment

All Set

Got it all taken care of. First delivery set-up for tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
        X