Pain in bladder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pain in bladder

I have been getting up to pee 3-5 times a night for a few months. A few years ago, after urodynamics, I was told that I retain urine. I was told I could intermitten self cath if I wanted to. At that time, I thought I would wait.

Last night was so painful. Each time I got up to pee, I had such pain until I started to go. It felt like my bladder was so full, I was going to burst.

No pain this morning.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions you may have.

Urine retention is not good for you and can cause infections, so intermittent self catheterization sounds like a good answer.

I'm just a wee (still a sense of humour!) concerned about the pain that you're experiencing - have kidney stones been ruled out?

Comment

Sorry that you are having bladder issues. I feel for you. My urogyno thinks that I have interstitial cystitis (also called painful bladder syndrome). I sometimes get up 10 times during the night to pee. The other symptoms make it seem like I may have a UTI, but the tests come back negative. It can be very painful and is quite annoying. Then getting no sleep doesn't help things either.

My recommendation is to get an appointment with a urologist, who will probably want to do some new tests, etc. since it's been a few years. It could be a UTI, or something that's changed and made things worse for you.

I hope you get something figured out soon and get some pain relief.

Good luck.

Comment

I'd go to the dr today to make sure it's not a bladder infection. If you have a referral to a urologist in place, then see if you can get in there. I can tell you that a bladder infection progressing to a kidney infection is no fun at all. I herniated a disc last yr that caused bladder retention, plus "holding it" because it hurt so bad to get out of bed to go. I couldn't tell I had a bladder infection; didn't have the usual pain or urgency(probably due to nerve impingement from my herniated disc) until I started peeing orange and developed a fever. I ended up in the ER with a 104 fever and was admitted and put on iv antibiotics due to being on Humira(immunosuppressant for RA). It was a miserable thing to go through. I was only in the hospital overnight, but i felt awful and was so incredibly sick for an entire week. I missed my hubby's sister's wedding due to that dang kidney infection.

I don't want to scare you, but it sounds like you've got an infection to me and you ought to get it taken care of ASAP if you can.

~hugs~ and hoping the pain gets better fast.

Comment

ijustcallit, I would make a doctor's appointment ASAP so you can have a pee-in-a-cup-test (urinanalysis sp?). If you have pain, seems like you might have a bladder or urinary tract infection. Those need to be treated.

I self cath and, after awhile getting used to it, I am so glad I do because I feel better. I also don't wake up very often during the night to go to the bathroom.
          As far as possible without surrender, be on good terms with all persons.

Comment

Working...
          X