Blocked Common Bile Duct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blocked Common Bile Duct

I just had surgery to cut open a blocked duct and put a stent in to keep it open. I did very well and so far no effects on my M.S. I will have to go back in 2 months to take the stent out because apparently the stents clog up fairly quickly. I have found out that this may be a recurring problem with me because of fibrotic tissue and the possible auto immune sclerosing. Has anyone out there had this problem and if you did what was the procedure they did on you to place the stent and do the cutting. I have had to have 4 ERCP's already and will have another to remove stent. They are the worst of the endoscopic procedures and the risk factor is high for pancreatitis and perforation. I don't want anymore of these done. Did anyone use a different procedure. I am only posting this here because my drs. say that the M.S. plays into the fact that I have the problem in the first place.
    "...the joy of the Lord is your (my) strength." Nehemiah 8:10

hummm, is that a liver problem than? did the pros tell you how it realites to MS? just currious. sounds very serious!

Comment

I won't know if it relates to MS until they take out the stent in September and do biopsies and brushings. It is not the duct to the liver. It is the duct to the pancreas and the duodenum but the liver looks to be fibrotic also. When it appears this was it is like shoe leather and they cannot do a normal biopsy because it is so tough. Non-alcoholic cirrohsis, sclerosing caused by a non-hepatitis virus and who knows what else can be causing this in me. When you have one auto-immune disease in you, you are more prone to other auto-immune diseases because of the hyperactivity of the immune system. All I know is that I want back on my Tysabri because I am starting to go backwards in my ambulation progress and in cog skills. Give me my drug! Thanks for asking though.
      "...the joy of the Lord is your (my) strength." Nehemiah 8:10

Comment

Working...
      X