Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Betaseron - quit after 6 years - feel better

Hi,

Just curious, any body else actually feel better off Betaseron?

I took it for 6 years, the last year white cells low, constant nausea, red cells irregular shapes and liver enzymes up and down. I decided on my own to take a break, feel so much better....energy is way better, I still go to bed same time but seem to be able to keep up not dragging myself to do the littlest thing.

Any and all answers are greatly appreciated.

Be well
    Pam

I have heard stories where people thought they had cog fog and it turned out to be the interferons. After they stopped they were shocked to experience a clear head.

Originally posted by FoggyBrain View Post
    Hi,

Just curious, any body else actually feel better off Betaseron?

I took it for 6 years, the last year white cells low, constant nausea, red cells irregular shapes and liver enzymes up and down. I decided on my own to take a break, feel so much better....energy is way better, I still go to bed same time but seem to be able to keep up not dragging myself to do the littlest thing.

Any and all answers are greatly appreciated.

Be well
    Pam

Comment

Drug break

I was on Avonex for 8 years , with a switch to Copaxone for about 8 months, in between. I had side effects every single time I injected, and that was with prednisone, before and after injecting. It never got better, and toward the end got worse, lasting 3 to 4 days. I was exhausted, fogged, in pain, and could go to work and come home to bed every single day. I lost every single weekend of my life during that time. Imagine the depression.
      I finally stopped about five years ago, and feel better. Now I just have regular symptoms to worry about.
      I have not had an exacerbation since 2005. Have not ruled out never again, but since there is no research that proves they are of benefit for longer than two years--I'm taking a long break.

Comment

After 14 years on Betaseron, I switch to Tysabri (November 2007). It was at that time, during the month cleanout period before starting Ty that I noticed a major lift of depression that I had thought was under control with anti-depressants. Stopped the AD a few months later. Had TY # 34 last week.

Comment

Hi Pam!

I was on Betaseron for many years. The side effects came back with a vengence during the final year I was on it. Decided that I'd rather take my chances with MS versus being so sick all the time.

Felt much better and noticed no major changes in my MS symptoms. Still had balance issues, fatique, and cog fog.

Went on Tysabri last November and have seen a HUGE improvement. I'm even tolerating the heat.

No regrets on coming off of Betaseron. I did what was best for me.

Be well,
          Ceci
          Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining! Diagnosed 2001 • Beta Babe from 2001-2007 • Tysabri Tootsie from 2011 - 2015

Comment

Originally posted by wrest53 View Post
            ... there is no research that proves they are of benefit for longer than two years
            The two-year results apply to the initial clinical trials and some others. But the CRABs have been around for so long now that there has been continuing research looking at various aspects of long-term efficacy and safety. Avonex and Copaxone claim 10-year follow-up studies, and some findings have recently been published regarding a 16-year follow-up of Betaseron. The research is out there if one knows where to look.

Comment

Anyone just get tired and frustrated; stopped Copaxone?

Has anyone here just stopped the Copaxone injections to see if you feel better?

Frankly these are making me more tired than I thought I could feel and still be alive.

Wow, I can't help but think I'd like to stop for a couple weeks and see if I get to feeling better. It's hard to believe after almost two months that I'm going to get past feeling this way.

Diane
              You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Comment

Working...
              X