No announcement yet.

I'll just say it...SEX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i just talked to my MS Dr about this. She said she doesn't think it's MS related. That more men would have the problem than the women. I am not on anti-depressants. I am on Depo shot (birth control)--just started that last month--and Rebif. I have not wanted anything to do with sex at all for quite a while. I feel bad for my hubby, but doing it because I "should" doesn't feel right either.

When I asked my Dr about it, she suggested I go back on Celexa. I really don't want to back on anti-depressants again...

Thanks for listening and letting me put in my 2 cents worth.
    Rebif since June 20, 2007
    A smile is a curve that sets everything straight.--Phyllis Diller

Comment

Hi There,

I totally understand how you feel. My illness has robbed me as well in in intimacy with my husband:

1. Loss of libido
      2. Pain during intercourse
      3. A pressure like numbness in my hips that is extremely uncomfortable
      4. Cramping in my legs and feet during intercourse

I'm 26 years old and often times, I don't have the desire to please him either. However, I have found that with counseling, being honest with my husband about my feelings and taking an anti depressant has greatly increased my libido. Also I have found that doing things throughout the day like leaving a love note for him in the car, thinking up nice things to do for him like giving a massage or washing his feet helps to set the mood.

We have also done things like turning one of our pillows on the bed in such a way to let the other know that sex is desired. Lighting candles, playing romantic music, flirting, touching. There are all kinds of things to boost your desire and at the same time, it makes him on fire for you

Planning date nights, picnics while watching the planes fly into the airport, playing sex games, role playing, etc all will help to set the mood as well.

I'm sorry you are going through this. I know what it's like. I know I am still young but I can relate SO WELL. I hope things in this department get better for you.

{{{BIG HUGS}}}
      Jami Lea

Comment

I too am 51 and married 31 years in a few days. LOVE LOVE my hubby, but have ABSOLUTELY no interest in sex.

He always has been more "sexed up" than me, but now it's really bad. I have loss of feeling and I know my antidepressant makes "getting there" harder. I have tried to go without the Celebrex, but the chronic pain control is too helpful.

I have a VERY patient guy, and he puts up with the fatigue, the cramps, the loss of feeling etc, but I really do think I am cheating him out of something we both used to love so much. I also worry that if he doesn't get it here.....
        although I also know he would never ever cheat.

So while I don't blame it ALL on MS, a lot of things have certainly changed in the last 4 years......
        God only promises a safe landing, not a calm passage

If you stumble, make it part of your dance

Comment

Working...
        X