Not sure what to expect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure what to expect

Hi I have been dx since june 2006 and have not had any symptoms since may 2007 and they were mild to begin with. Ms runs in my family so I am fully aware of the fact that it can be minor and major. However I feel as though I never find any peace I am always wondering when the monster is going to get me I am 48 years old with two children. The fact that there is nothing wrong with me sometimes makes it harder.I am not on medication just need to talk about it sometimes

Hi and welcome to MSWorld! Sorry for your dx and that it runs in your family.

My advice would be don't worry about the "MS Monster" and when it might rear its ugly head. Stress tends to bring on or magnify symptoms and that you don't want.

Try to enjoy life and when MS does act up, I'm sure you will learn to deal with it as best you can. I hope that is a long time away for you! Good luck and try not to worry about what the future might hold.

Comment

Hi there

Sorry that you have been dx, and that you are fearing what the future holds.

Just remember worrying about tomorrow will only rob you of todays joys.

Even people with active MS have good and bad days.

Enjoy your the life you have now and tend to the other stuff when and if it happens.

Good luck to you

Comment

Don't worry, be happy!

I think that you should enjoy each day you are symptom free and realize that it is a blessing. Some people dx'ed with MS do not have more flares and they just do fine.

It's unlikely you will be suddenly hit with a catastrophic incident where you suddenly can't funcion. In my case MS has been incidious, kind of slowly creeping up on me.

The main thing is to keep checking in with a neurologist to evaluate progression.

Enjoy your good fortune; yes it can change, but it might not and you should be diligent but embrace your good fortune while you are doing so well.

Seize the day!

Diane
        You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Comment

Thanks guys it just gets to me sometimes my dad was in a wheelchair since before I was born and this worries me

Comment

Just remember that 75% of people with MS do NOT end up in a wheelchair, but even if you do, you'd still be a loving mother. We all do what we have to do to get by.
            As far as possible without surrender, be on good terms with all persons.

Comment

The future course of my MS terrifies me also.
              He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
              Anonymous

Comment

Working...
              X