Tysabri and Optic Neuritis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tysabri and Optic Neuritis

There are so many Tysabri veterans here. I start the drug this summer. I need to ask. I’ve had optic neuritis since June 2008. Has anyone had any positive effects with Tysabri and ON?
    Melissa--Betaseron 2007-2010; Novantrone 2008; Tysabri 2010-2012; Rituxan 2012; Tecfidera 2015; Currently-No DMD

Healer is my GOD!

Hi teacher:
    Can you clarify your question a bit?

It's important to note that the term "neuritis" refers only to the stage when there is active inflammation present at the nerve. That period lasts only a few days to weeks after the start of the flare-up. Once the inflammation has resolved, the neuritis phase is over and "neuritis" can no longer be used in the present tense, as if the inflammation is going on indefinitely.

After the neuritis has passed, any residual damage is called "neuropathy." Neuropathy refers to the general condition of disease or abnormality of nerves. Any new episode of inflammation is neuritis, anything residual or old is neuropathy. Neuropathy has no time limit and can last indefinitely.

Are you asking if Tysabri will stop recurring episodes of optic neuritis you've been having since a first episode in 2008? Or are you asking if Tysabri will heal residual damage (neuropathy) you've had for two years since a single episode of optic neuritis in 2008?

Comment

i now have optic neuritis and have had 4 ty infusions. it started 3 days before my 4th infusion. im confused by this????

Comment

>>>It's important to note that the term "neuritis" refers only to the stage when there is active inflammation present at the nerve.<<<

Please know that "active inflammation" can last for a prolonged prolonged time.

I had "active inflammation" for ~10 months before I was treated with steriods (my husband had been in a severe accident, and dealing with my "aging" eyes was low priority).

Pre-IVSM, my vision was 20/100 and 20/400. Two weeks post IVSM my vision was 20/35 and 20/75. Not as good as the 20/20 20/35 vision I had before the ON, but significantly improved.
        ~Victorya~
        ------------------------------------------
        -Better living through chemistry

Comment

Working...
        X