Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Are They Constantly Changing Our Site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Are They Constantly Changing Our Site?

I have been coming to this site for over a year and a half now but I took time off and have only been back for about 4 months. Since I have been back I have had many times when you couldn't get on the site, others noted the same. Not only that but they have changed the site a couple of times during the last 3 months. Why with so many of us suffering from cog fog, physical arm and hand limitations, and other problems have you made it so difficult to get access to the other patients that we so desparately need. I really need this site but when I have to work at it so hard to get signed in, I am too exhausted to do the research of the problems. Please help us out. Not trying to complain, trying to express my concerns.
    "...the joy of the Lord is your (my) strength." Nehemiah 8:10

I was thinking the same thing recently.

It has gotten more difficult to access the site than when I was here 5 yrs ago. My memory issues are bad and keep forgetting which password I used.

My question is... why do we need to login every time we come to the site, I remember when you logged in once... and told the computer to "remember me" you never had to put the password in again you just automatically were logged in when you clicked the site. Is that not possible to do again??? If I'm doing something wrong, and it still will "remember me for more than a day" let me know what it is I'm doing.

It sure would help me, especially since the new page pops up now occasionally, and I cant find the login portion or it doesn't show up at all.

Oh and btw... why does it say the last time I logged in was 6/21/10 When I have been here several times since then, and posted even??? I'm so confused.
    Janel Don't think of it as getting hot flashes. Think of it as your inner Child playing with matches.
    Dx date: 7/15/2010

Comment

Sparky, website needs help

Okay, I got on, but the main webpage has been freaky for the last two days. It isn't it's normal appearance webpage. The top has something about I must be a certain age to access the website and you have to scroll way, way down to find the log-in blocks. Help!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky10

Jelmo99, I don't know why you are getting that message. I pulled up both your public profile here and in the Mod's Admin CP. Both give your most current activity.
        Im not sure why either, but up at the top where it says Welcome, Jelmo99.... "you last visited 06-21-2010 @ 9:34pm" weird to me too. LOL No big deal really,

But is there a way to keep me logged in longer than a day or so, so that I dont have to keep logging in everyday, like it was before you stayed logged in until you logged yourself out?
        Janel Don't think of it as getting hot flashes. Think of it as your inner Child playing with matches.

Comment

Just a friendly reminder ... this isn't "our" site. It's set up and manned by volunteers that work very hard to provide an informative and safe environment for us to be a part of. And in doing so, the site needs to be upgraded and changed on a regular basis. Sometimes this goes smoothly and sometimes it doesn't.

Imagine the stress behind the scenes when things don't go right. And those who have to deal with it are also dealing with MS.

I've been coming here for 9 years now. Been through many changes with MS World ... some I liked and some I didn't. For the changes I wasn't crazy about, I found workarounds or emailed the staff directly for assistance.

I understand your frustrations, but change is going to happen!
          Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining! Diagnosed 2001 • Beta Babe from 2001-2007 • Tysabri Tootsie from 2011 - 2015

Comment

I have found the log-in at the top OK, but this new site does refuse to "Remember me." It is much easier if the site will remember me, instead of having to log in with the password each time, particularly since the password requirements were changed to require much more complex passwords.

I have done this by making similar passwords for all the sites that require them, but that isn't secure, thus defeating the point of the password.

I can manage, but I am lucky in that I don't have cog fog or hand issues, but many do.

Please don't misunderstand - I greatly appreciate the site and all the work done by the volunteer moderators. But if there were a simple way to make the log in easier, it would be appreciated by many!

Thanks!

Comment

Yes, it's goofy just now.

Today when I tried to access MS world, the site i was sent to said I couldn't sign on as I was under 13!

Not so! Plus I'm a long time poster here.

Anyway, i went to 'Search' and typed in 'Log in' and got to the Log in page.

Strange though; this is a first!

All's well that ends well!

Diane
              You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Comment

Dont get me wrong, I love this site, and its quirks as they say....dont want to ever stop coming.

I just thought that it would remember me longer than it does. Most days I do okay, so as long as I can remember my password etc, Im doing good and you will see me.

Sorry for sounding like I was complaining, I wasnt actually. Just a bit perplexed when I have the cog-fog.

Since it doesnt remember me as long as it used to maybe the site itself has MS cog fog too. LOL couldnt resist. Sorry again. Love this site and all that comes with using it.

Comment

Janel, I do understand what you're saying here. I have a horrible time signing onto the site when using my Internet Explorer to do so. I downloaded Mozilla's Firefox to use as my browser now (it's a FREE download! YAY ), and I never have to put in my user name OR password as their software will ask you if you want it to remember these things when you enter the site. It's made me extremely lazy.

You can e-mail me through Contact Us and I'll be happy to help you to do this. I'm jazzgirl@msworld.org.
                  “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
                  Diagnosed 1979

Comment

I use Firefox most of the time myself. For some reason Internet Explorer 8 started giving me problems at a lot of sites I visit.

Remember that the password suggestions the system makes are just suggestions. It is more important that you have a password you can remember. Don't be afraid to select a password that works for you.

Unfortunately persistent log ins create a lot of problems for a server which is why sites automatically log people out. We can extend the time but your Internet Service Provider is probably also setting connection limits which can get tricky. It is all part of the way the internet is growing. Logging out at the end of a session is really better. It should make logging back in easier.

We are always looking for ways to make using MSWorld easier for our members but we have to adhere to internet standards to make things work more smoothly.

I hope trying Mozilla's Firefox works better for you if you try it. I'm sure Jaqn would be more than willing to help you get started.

Ken

Comment

I had the same log-in problem today as Diane D. It was frustrating.
                      Linda
                      Diagnosed RRMS 1985
                      Tysabri 5/07-3/10: Avonex 8/10

Comment

Internet carding gone too far!

I keep getting this "Sorry, users must be at least 13 years old to become a member of this site" when I try to log in. Hello. Last I checked, 32 is *slightly* older than 13. Then when I finally convince it that I *am* older than 13, and get to log in, it tells me that my password is not recognized, at least twice before it lets me in.

AAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!
                        D&C 121:7-8 ...peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment

Comment

I get the must be 13 message at times also.

At the top of the page it says the last time I visited was 4/27/2010. I think that was the date I joined. Also in my profile it says my birthday is something November 1st.

I can't even find where you enter you birthday, so I have never entered that LOL The info I can put into the profile seems limited, is that because I am fairly new?

I have another question if you don't mind. How and when do the names change that identify a posters time here. I mean "fairly new poster, junior poster and so on. I have recently noticed that there are junior members who joined in June of this year and only have like 10 or less posts. Just curious is all. Thanks JoanFrances

Comment

we must be twins

Haha, Diane, this post wasn't showing when I replied...glad I'm not the only one!

Originally posted by DianeD View Post
                            Today when I tried to access MS world, the site i was sent to said I couldn't sign on as I was under 13!

Not so! Plus I'm a long time poster here.

Anyway, i went to 'Search' and typed in 'Log in' and got to the Log in page.

Strange though; this is a first!

All's well that ends well!

Diane
                            D&C 121:7-8 ...peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment

Comment

Hi SPARKY et al........

It's ME, Myself and I, aka GOMER! (the 64 yr old with the not over 13 problem Emails)..

Never did figure any connection to the 'fireworks" comment, 'cept tht's whan the most recent problem started for me.

Thanks to the poster who posted about scrolling Waaaaaaaaaaaay way down to find the log in boxes. After sailing down an ocean of blank white space BINGO.

Thanks 4 ur ear sparky.......

GOMER

Comment

Working...
                              X