embarrassing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

embarrassing

okay, this is gross and embarrassing but has anyone here dealt with "accidents"?
    dx 7/2002 - on Rebif since dx...just changed to Copaxone 1/2011

"There is a difference between acceptance and approval"

I had to grin when I saw your tag line--there is a difference between acceptance and approval Ain't that the truth. A lot of us have to accept accidents--but we don't have to approve of them. It's not just you, and it's not just MS-ers--next time you're in WalMart or your drugstore, notice how much aisle space is taken up by incontinence products. There are so many of us with that sort of problem that we've created a specialized industry to produce "oops" pads.

While it's pretty common with MS, it also kind of goes with being a certain, um, age. If it's a disruptive problem, talk to your primary doc or neuro--there may be medications that can help. I've had to take Detrol for years--it helps a lot. Oddly enough, I found that taking pumpkin seed oil capsules helps as well.
    Peg

Comment

Don't be embarrassed here

Originally posted by ThymeHBF View Post
      okay, this is gross and embarrassing but has anyone here dealt with "accidents"?
      I agree with tejokid, the aisles are becoming increasingly filled with products that help with 'spillage'. You didn't say which type (bowel or bladder) but I assure you it's nothing we haven't talked about here.

For myself, the Detrol LA was not a good experience.

I have other health issues besides MS so for me taking a med can be interesting. I have to watch that side effects aren't worse than the problem!

Anyway, a urologist can help determine what is causing the problem.

I hope you find relief.

I found that wearing pads help, but also cause me to be more suseptible to UTI's. So I try to use them when i go out out and depending on the situation.

Good luck.
      You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Comment

Working...
      X