Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have MS and experiencing hair loss anyone else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have MS and experiencing hair loss anyone else?

Ok, here is the scoop. They say hairloss is linked to autoimmune diseases, and I need help. I have tried all the special shampoos, upped my biotin vitamin, taken extra vitamin B, rogain, and much more. Has anyone else had hairloss? Has anything worked? Does anyone know of any organizations that donate wigs or mini wigs (top pieces) to MS patients? They are soooo expensive! Please Help!

now that you mention it

I have never thought about my hair loss being tied to the MS, but boy has my hair gotten thin on the top of my head, in the last few years.

Just thought it was me getting older. I noticed in the beginning that my head would feel like I was getting sun burned when I would be out to yard sales or such. Then as time went on when I was styling my hair I noticed I didn't have much to work with on top of my head.

Wow I guess I'll be asking the doc about this one.

Sorry that I can't answer your question MS2007, I am sure someone will be along with some information. Good luck to you

Comment

OK, I know this is the standard response to questions of hair loss, but since autoimmune issues travel in packs...Have you had your thyroid checked at all? It's very common for PWMS to have thyroid issues as well. I'm hypothyroid and can tell when my meds need to be upped when I'm pulling hair out by the handfull, my skin is dryer, I can sleep even MORE than just with MS alone . Just a thought if you haven't checked that out yet.
      ~This life is only a test. Had it been an actual life, you would have been given further instructions on what to do and where to go~
      Blessings, Kris

Comment

Check the side effects on whatever medications you're taking too--some can cause hair loss.
        Peg

Comment

blood testing

At least it was for me and I thought it was common practice of early testing that the tyroid series be done, when they are trying to rule out all other disorders on the way to figuring out if it is MS.

Some hair loss in the spring and fall is normal as it is setting up for new growth, but not handfuls. Thank God mine has stopped, cause I don't think I have a handful left on the top of my head LOL

Comment

Working...
          X