Ampyra update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ampyra update

7 doses and so far so good.....I can really feel a difference I notice when I went to get in the car I was able to lift my left leg higher then I have before...still have leg drop...not ready for dancing with the stars..(I love that somebody said that to me on here..)no side effect thank God I will keep you posted...

I'm so glad you are doing well. I'm about 2 weeks into Ampyra and feel alot stronger and don't have to use a walking assist during the day. I almost feel as good as if i took my Provigil. By nighttime I'm totally exhausted, have to use my cane, and in alot of pain. My doctor said to give the med about 5-6 weeks for full benefits. I hope you continue to do so well.

Comment

I feel the same way by night I am totally exhausted..and having to use my cane...and I had to use my cane yesterday in the heat...but I am feeling stronger as well keep me posted lchoppel

Comment

Glad you are all doing so good. I took it for a week and quit because I was exhausted all the time and could barely stand. Were you taking the pill twice a day or start out once?

deb

Comment

Ampyra

Took my first dose of Ampyra 10mg today. Quick inventory: mentally feeling good, yesterday I turned 46. Left leg tingling and numb up to knee. Right leg tight. Wrists and fingers clumsey, stiff, and tingling. Chest on right side feels like I'm flexing and it got stuck outward. Choking on my own spit and food lately. Blood pressure not so good. Three readings this morning after I took my meds: 137/104, 145/114, 154/105. Medications: Copaxone, Baclofen 10mg, Hydrochchlorthiazide 25mg, Sertraline 50mg, Amitriptyline 75mg, and Klor-Con (Potassium Chloride oral) 20mEq. I don't feel comfortable taking Ampyra because of my high blood pressure. Isn't Ampyra a potassium channel blocker? But I have hope.

Comment

Working...
          X