#1 done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#1 done

i had my first infusion yesterday. the infusion went well, once i chilled out and my bp came down enough to get started.

finished and got home around 1730, rested and ate dinner. by 2000 running low grade temp and tummy upset, took some tylenol dosed off got up at 0700 today and felt better then i have in months and months.

around 0900 i told my husband i'm afraid to say it out loud but i feel pretty good...his reply, "you're walking w/o your walker short distances, but i didn't want to say it out loud".

felt pretty good most of the day, really tired now.

i never expected to feel different, not putting much stock in it yet, don't want to have a huge let down. however TODAY WAS GOOD, will see what tomorrow brings.
    "Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"

Glad your 1st infusion gave you positive results! Mine did too. I started in January and noticed my weak leg was stronger and was lifting and bending alot better within 1/2 hour after getting home, which only takes about 20 minutes.

I also didn't have to use my cane in the house for a whole week! And the day after the infusion I actually walked into a small grocery store WITHOUT my cane! I hadn't done that in maybe 8 or 9 months.

I just had #6 last week and I do have some better late nights, but nothing as good as that first week. Still hoping-- Today was my 3rd day on the walking pill- Amprya- have more strength in the weak leg, but still walking with the cane.

Sure hope the Ty keeps doing good things for you!!

Comment

Originally posted by mibishe View Post
      i had my first infusion yesterday. the infusion went well, once i chilled out and my bp came down enough to get started.

finished and got home around 1730, rested and ate dinner. by 2000 running low grade temp and tummy upset, took some tylenol dosed off got up at 0700 today and felt better then i have in months and months.

around 0900 i told my husband i'm afraid to say it out loud but i feel pretty good...his reply, "you're walking w/o your walker short distances, but i didn't want to say it out loud".

felt pretty good most of the day, really tired now.

i never expected to feel different, not putting much stock in it yet, don't want to have a huge let down. however TODAY WAS GOOD, will see what tomorrow brings.
      I hope your tomorrow was just as good as your today was and that Tysabri works as least as good for you as it has for me I'll get #47 on the 16th
      Linda

Comment

4 days after #1

I DON'T want to be excited, but i really do feel a bit stronger then i have in months.
        walking (my standard) short distance (room to room) with cane.
        no nap day 2 or 3.

i hope this is not a cruel trick my mind is playing on me!

i am still so far from where i was 2 yrs. ago or even 6 months ago, but i like feeling better.
        "Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"

Comment

Hubby starting first infusion soon

I've read a lot of people feeling better after their first infusion, an very few having any reactions or side effects. My husband decided on Tysabri and will be starting that after all the paperwork/registration is finished. They said it would take about two weeks for everything to get worked out.

For him, it was the 67% effective that jumped out-- that and the once a month deal.

I am hoping and praying that this stuff works well for him. I hope he has good experiences with it. Its a scary thing being faced with chronic illness and the unknown-- you start not wanting to get your hopes up, you know?

I asked him if he was nervous or afraid at all about the Tysabri infusion, and he said no. He wasn't just saying that to pacify me either. He meant it. I think I'm a little more worried about it. I'm betting that will go away in time, too.

Have a good weekend everyone. And thanks for sharing your experiences. We all learn from each other.

Comment

Tysabri

I am so happy for you!

I have decided to start Ty as well, went back and forth about quitting IVIG. It is always so scary to start something new, and I wasnt sure that Ty would work better than IVIG for me.

Keep us posted and I'll do the same!

Comment

Working...
            X