Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An activity thread?

Hi everyone,

Since there was so many responses to the People with MS who are active thread, I was wondering there would be interest in a weekly thread to discuss what activities we've done and to motivate each other to get out and move?

If there is interest I'll start one this week! (I think there is interest but I wanted to ask).

Of course some will be more active then others and no one has to start running to participate! Just being active is enough! I want the thread to be a positive place for people to come and celebrate their achievements!

Genie

Haven't even looked at the thread because I assume

it was for folks out there doing mountain climbing like the next speaker at the MS group.

I have use of only one arm. I can use a hand cycle for 15 minutes if I tie my bad arm onto the cycle.

So if that is the kind of active you mean, then yes count me in.

KK

Comment

Hello Genie

Not sure if you are aware of this, but there is a weekly WII and Exercise Check-In in the Basic Health Matters Forum.

It sounds similar to what you are talking about. It's for folks to check-in with their activities, and motivate each other in the process.

Take care,
      KoKo
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

No matter what thread it goes under I for one would like to know what people with MS are doing out there.

Gardening anyone?

Justacowgirl
        Diagnosed with MS spring 2010; Still loving life

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
          Hello Genie

Not sure if you are aware of this, but there is a weekly WII and Exercise Check-In in the Basic Health Matters Forum.

Take care,
          KoKo
          I don't necessarily see this as an exercise thread which is what the above thread seems mainly concerned with. I see this as a general activity thread.

For example, I bike but I'm not doing it for exercise. I ride to commute to work, which is 3 miles away.

Someone mentioned gardening. I just have a screened in porch but I'd love to know how I can start a garden.

We can share our experiences in a particular activity.
          "It's easier to be critical than correct."- Disraeli

Comment

Lucia,

Exactly! Just something about what you're doing and how it helps you! I think we need to focus on the positive and motivate each other to do more and see what others are doing!

If you want something about activity check out the active MS's thread. That's where we talk about running and Marathon's lol. However! You could always join the talk! People there are in WC's and just getting out and about!!

Genie

Comment

Working...
            X