Quick IVIG question..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick IVIG question..

Been on prednisone for 2 months with a 3 day solumedrol in the middle. For big flare with many different proplems. Some new to me others not. On last week of pred. With no improvement.

Doc. wants to me to go for IVIG.

What do I expect during and after infusion?

Thanks

Sorry you didn't get any responses, this will bump your question back up. Seems like there is less posting on holiday weekends.

I have not had IVIG. Seems worth a try since you did not respond to steroids.

Plasmapheresis is another treatment, but it is not a simple procedure and has some risks. Can be very effective for those who do not respond to steroids.

Hope this helps!

Comment

jaycie i used ivig for 1 year. i received 4 days of treatment every 3 weeks then after 6 months went to 2 days every 3 weeks. i had done intermittent treatments before then.

at first i would feel a boost for a week or so then it got to be less and less after 8 months. there at the end i was progressing more quickly again, but i also had a couple of reactions to the med so i think that hastened the progression.

i think ivig was a good choice for me. i think all in all it slowed down the progression as best as it could. i have PRMS and it has been the only thing up till now that had worked.

there are many different types of ivig out there if you decide to try it give it a chance, if one does not work switch to another give it at least 6 months.
      "Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"

Comment

IViG

I have been on IViG for over 4 years now. I receive treatment every 2 weeks. I feel so much better within 24 hours of treatment. Energy. Better balance. A couple days before my next treatment I can tell it is time for my 'juice." It also helps with nerve pain for awhile.
        Some people get headaches after the treatment. I do not. If not sure you can take Advil before treatment.
        SgrammieD

Comment

Working...
        X