Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still not alone

Originally posted by fuzzywuzzy2 View Post
    Futurehope...thanks for all the info! I know God will correct things and that the Bible has the answers we may seek, I was just feeling really blah and things were stacking up and I just forgot to "let go, let God" Thanks for reminding me!!
    Even those with strong faith, mentioned in Scripture had feelings of discouragement, depression, and disappointment, due to health, peoples attitudes, and world conditions- Habakkuk 1:1-3; Philipians 2:25, 26; Matthew 23:37 John 11:32-36 even Jesus "gave way to tears". The Scriptures acknowledge that these feelings can be caused by the matters you have discussed (Proverbs 24:10, Proverbs 15:13) because of how "Critical" the times we live in are (2 Timothy 3:1). The 73rd Psalms has a detailed account about how these things affected one of God's faithful servants, and how remembering to look to God helped comfort him. These accounts are written so we can be comfort (Romans 15:4).

Did you know that God is actually looking for people such as yourself who are "sighing and groaning" over the wicked things happening around them? We see that he is in Ezekial 9:4, and that is also why He is so patient as 2 Peters 3:9 shows, because He does not "want any to be destroyed". He knows how to save those serving him, while destroying the wicked (2 Peter 2:9).

I know you would really benefit, learn more, and strengthen your faith through a FREE Individualized Bible Course using the publication "What does the Bible Really Teach?"

Comment

When I feel down I try to think about positive things, like at least theres medications to help now versus a hundred years ago. Who knows, they might even have a cure for MS in the future. And I always set aside time for myself so that I can take a mental break and watch a dumb comedy like family guy or something to take my mind off things. And when I feel really down, I pray, and then somehow I find the strength to go on, even though I'm not all that religious, prayer has helped me greatly during the times when I feel like just giving up.

I also found a good therapist. Talking to him has helped me realize ways i can control my thinking to stay positive and avoid thinking about depressing stuff, like where I'll be in 20 years for example. Hopefully I will be doing well but I really don't know. I just have to make the most of today and every day after that.

Meds work for many people but not for me, either they made me more depressed or I had too many side effects. So I had to find other ways to beat my depression. I hope you can do the same, one way or another, I'm sure you can push through it.

Comment

Again thank you all so much! I talked to my neuro last friday and we are going to try Zoloft....and maybe switch my DMD to Rebiff instead of Avonex....time will tell. I will continue to pray, and be thankful for what I have and to learn from what MS can teach me.

Comment

Working...
        X