Tysabri #6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tysabri #6

Had infusion #6 yesterday. For the first time had a headache shortly after that. Not sure if it is related or not, as I don't get many.

Still had a hard time walking, but did notice my leg felt a bit lighter. Was hoping for an improvement today, but that hasn't happened yet.

The day after my last infusion it was my birthday and I remember getting around somewhat better!

I realize that the main objective of Ty is to keep the progression away. But I keep hoping that it will help improve sx too! Has it improved sx for any of you

Tysabri

Hi Kathy

I've had five Ty infusions with no side effects. My Buddy Vern Beachy who has just finished his 46th Ty infusion gave me a tip before I started Ty. He told me he takes two Benadryl before he goes. I've done that each time and so far no problems. He found if he didn't take the Benadryl he itched from the inside out. Might be worth a try. I go for #6 on July 5th. I haven't seen any improvements yet but no flare ups since Jan. I had been on Beta for almost two years but continued to have flare ups. Hoping to see some improvements soon but if not life goes on.

Comment

No improvement (but no worse)

I just had #34 last Tuesday. No change in symptoms since I started but no new lesions on my MRIs either.

I've been on Ampyra for 1 1/2 months now and no symptom relief there either.

Oh well.

Comment

Wow! Cool fireworks guys. Made me smile. Thanks

Kathy - I take premeds before each infusion. Tylenol and Benadryl. I still would wake up during the night with a headache or have a mild one the next day. But not since #10. I go for #14 next week.

I use to get a burst of energy that would last 3 or 4 days afterwards, but I don't get that anymore either. I just seem to have a steady bit of more energy thoughout the whole month. But I sort of miss those few days, I would get so much done.

My doctor says my balance is improved. Some cognitive issues are a little better, some a lot better. Sleep is a tiny bit better.

I get a MRI next week and so we will take a look and see if there are any changes. Had one after 5 months on Tysabri and there was no change at all.

Try the tylenol for the headache next time. Good luck.

Comment

Hi Kathy, around infusions 4-6 I started seeing improvement in my balance and stamina-subtle, also, less fatigue.
          Best wishes,
          Linda

Comment

Working...
          X