CHOLESTEROL UNDER 100?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CHOLESTEROL UNDER 100?

ANYONE THAT HAS AN INPUT, I`D LOVE TO HEAR IT. I`VE BEEN DIABETIC FOR 38 YEARS, THAT BEING SAID, MY ENDOCRINOLOGIST WANTS TO SEE EVERY DIABETIC`S CHOLESTEROL LEVEL BELOW 100(BAD CHOL). MINE IS 81/47 (BAD/GOOD). WHAT DOES EVERYONE THINK, I`LL BE INTERESTED TO FIND OUT.

DAVE
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

The current ATP III guidelines from the National Institute of Health recommend that anyone with a coronary heart disease risk equivalent, which would include diabetes, have an LDL cholesterol of less than 100. So I would guess that that is where your MD got that info from. As I mentioned, your diabetes is a "risk equivalent" for coronary heart disease - so your MD is trying to decrease your risk for heart disease by keeping your LDL below 100. It is also beneficial to have your HDL (good) above 40 (for men, for women it should be above 50). Keep up the good work!!!
    ~Heather

"Better Living Through Chemistry"

Comment

That's fantastic!! Are you taking statins or anything to help keep it low??
      "Never surrender, never give up" Sean Connery as King Authur in First Knight

Comment

Originally posted by godie View Post
        Thats fantastic!! Are you taking satins or anything to help keep it low??
        YES, I TAKE ZETIA(10MG) IN THE AM. THE STATINS HAD AN ADVERSE EFFECT ON MY LIVER AND ALSO MUSCLES.
        hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
        volunteer
        MS World
        hunterd@msworld.org
        PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Working...
        X