Taken off Amprya by Doctor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taken off Amprya by Doctor

I started taking it 10 days ago and by the 6 day I started suffering from extreme spasticity in my neck to the point I could barely turn my neck. The other problem is I went numb and started having serious problems walking. My doctor took me off yesterday and wants to see if I get better but of course feel worse today. Anyone else with major side effects on this?
    Give yourself a hug.

I am sorry you have experienced this and hope you feel better soon. My side effects have basically been headaches and nausea.
    Falling down is easy... getting up not so much

Comment

Dosage descreased

I'm sorry too that you have had such bad reactions. I had dizziness/headaches/severe leg cramps after about 2 weeks. Because we were taking a driving trip, I had to come off completely. I will be starting back at a 1x day dosage at night to see if I can handle it. I really want to take the med because of the increase in energy. For the first time since I was diagnosed 11 yrs ago, my fatigue dropped while on Ampyra.
      My Cross To Bear Keeps Fallin Off

Comment

I took ampyra once a day for 8 days, ended up getting increased leg weakness. I also developed hemi fascial spasms, still have it 2 months later. It's gotten better with BoTox shots though. I didn't think it was worth the side efects I was getting. I sure wish it would have worked for me. I'm Spms, diagnosed in'79, walk with a cane. I could be wrong, but I'm thinking this drug works better for people that have less demylinization and haven't had ms long term.

Don
        Diagnosed '79 @ age 22. SPMS since '03. Betaseron 4 yrs., Avonex 6 yrs., Tysabri 3 yrs., Present Copaxone & LDN since 1/2010.

Comment

Originally posted by KureMS View Post
          I'm sorry too that you have had such bad reactions. I had dizziness/headaches/severe leg cramps after about 2 weeks. Because we were taking a driving trip, I had to come off completely. I will be starting back at a 1x day dosage at night to see if I can handle it. I really want to take the med because of the increase in energy. For the first time since I was diagnosed 11 yrs ago, my fatigue dropped while on Ampyra.
          I've been on Ampyra for about 2 weeks now myself. I don't notice any side affects, but like you, my fatigue has dropped significantly. Interesting...

Comment

wow everyone. I was thinking side affects would hit a person at the beginning of taking a new medication, not weeks later. That is very discouraging to hear. I've been on Ampyra for only 2 weeks and I don't have any side affects, but now I guess I just have to wait and see - something could hit months later?!?

Comment

Sleepy...............

I have been on Ampyra for 2 weeks at one pill........started Saturday taking 2 pills.... took 2nd pill at 10 pm and had insomnia last night.......will take it earlier from now on. Anyone else have insomnia?? Looking forward to this helping. Have RR, dx'd in 1994.

Comment

Working...
              X