Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New sx or flare starting?

Hi
    I have RRMS. I first was on C, then was switched to Rebif, but currently for the last month have not been on anything. My question however does not deal with meds.
    Over the last 3 days I have been having this incredible pain that shoots down from my temple into my jaw. It feels like an icepick is being shoved into my face. It hurts very much. Only on my right side. This is new for me.
    After the pain starts I have pain that comes and goes but a headache all day.
    This just comes on out of the blue and at different times of the day. It has become so intense today and I just don't know what it is or what to do?
    I think I have read from others on the website that they describe a similar pain but I cannot find it and don't really know what to look for.
    If you have something similar please let me know. Is this another sx or am I approaching another flare?? Thank you
    The Best things in life....aren't things!

froggirl, sorry your having pain issues!

I don't know anything about what your experiencing, maybe give your neuro a call and see what he/she has to say.

They might want to see you and/or have an MRI done.

Good luck and I hope you find out what is going on.

Comment

I think I found it

After searching for a while, I came across Trigeminal neuralgia. What they describe is what I am going through. Does anyone have this? If so what are you doing for it? Lastly, do I call my neuro or ride it out and see??

Comment

TMJ?

DEFINITELY call your neuro and ask, but this does remind me of the experience I had in 1986 or so, but the pain of this sort was directly related to my jaw (the "tempro manibular joint" - TMJ), and dental work ended up being able to put my jaw in a different position to solve this problem. And yes, the pain was just on one side.

Since your jaw itself doesn't seem tied with the pain, even though the feelings sound similar to TMJ, it makes me think that it may easily be MS-related. I know that if something like this happens and I don't call my neuro, he's very unhappy with me. Your neurologist is the expert and partner in dealing with YOUR health!

~Angie

Comment

not TMJ

Thanks for that suggestion. It's not TMJ because I was tested for that before when I had a constant headache(before Dx) I put a call into Neuro. Im praying it is not Trigeminal Neuralgia. I read about that and to be honest it scares me more than MS does! I have a very low threshhold for pain. I really hope he thinks it is something else. Keeping fingers crossed and prayers going!

Comment

Working...
          X