What pain ...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What pain ...?

Because of the infuriating need to keep logging in to this site , I havent been here nearly as much, but ive popped in as a lurker from time to time and what intrigued me was reading members posting about pain concerned with their dmd jabs.

What sort of pains are you guys and gals having ?

I inject myself with rebif 3 times per week and pain , discomfort , welts etc etc are not anything I have to put up with......thank goodness Id be very interested to know whose dmd jabs are causing worry and the physical symptoms you are undergoing. Im not carrying much fat as I am a keen cyclist and I had concerns that my rebif jabs might hurt, but (touch wood) so far they have been pretty painless and ive been on full dose 44mcg for quite some time now.

the pain that i was having from beta was not so much from the jab itself but the burning feeling of the med going in. to me it felt like acid. site reactions such as redness and bruise feeling. I stopped doing the injections about a year ago but the doc told me i seriously need to reconsider that choice, i am having a flare now and am still thinking about it. really not looking forward going through it again

Comment

agree

Originally posted by formerly Tone Deaf View Post
      Because of the infuriating need to keep logging in to this site , I havent been here nearly as much, but ive popped in as a lurker from time to time and what intrigued me was reading members posting about pain concerned with their dmd jabs.

What sort of pains are you guys and gals having ?

I inject myself with rebif 3 times per week and pain , discomfort , welts etc etc are not anything I have to put up with......thank goodness Id be very interested to know whose dmd jabs are causing worry and the physical symptoms you are undergoing. Im not carrying much fat as I am a keen cyclist and I had concerns that my rebif jabs might hurt, but (touch wood) so far they have been pretty painless and ive been on full dose 44mcg for quite some time now.
      I don't understand why there are complaints about shots. Please we all have MS, who cares about shots!!! Kids complain less.

Comment

Originally posted by JMom View Post
        I don't understand why there are complaints about shots. Please we all have MS, who cares about shots!!! Kids complain less.
        Kids in some aspect are more resilliant to things, but all I can say is that my grown up body hurts. The pain now is my legs(would rather have them amputated), the trunk and arms(muscle spacticity/cramps) and since I have started Tysabri, it gives me a rip roarin' headache nonstop. I am greatful that these drugs exist for me to take to help lessen my chances of lesions, but throwing the needledwelling ppl under the kiddy bus is outrageous. I have NEVER seen a child that took so many shots who was ever so happy to do it without a complaint.
        Just think-everyone who has to take DMD's with a needle and complain about this or that-atleast they are trying and probably have kids and a family and a job that is trying to be done incognito of MS and sometimes (and for good reasons) complaints are going to come out!

Comment

Originally posted by JMom View Post

Wow, that was helpful!
          It must be so wonderful for you that you never had any trouble with the idea of injecting yourself, or had any side effects that bothered you.

I must have missed all the complaint threads as most of what i have seen is either the fear of the unknown or how to manage the side effects that some of us do get from injecting.

Comment

Working...
          X