what does everyone mean by??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what does everyone mean by??

What do people mean when they say "flare ups"?

I've had symptoms for many years but didn't know all combined they were MS. My headaches have increased over the years. My fatigue has been ridiculous as well over the past few years. These are every day things though so what exactly are Flare Ups? Can I get some examples?

I replied on your other thread

Comment

Hi

A true "MS exacerbation" is either a worsening of old/current symptoms or an appearance of a new symptom,
      either of which lasts 24 hrs or more ( so I've been told; I'm certainly no medical expert).

Heat or a fever can make symptoms feel/get worse for a short time, but that is not necessarily a "flare/exacerbation". Some common symptoms of MS are : legs feeling heavy like concrete
      vision problems
      fatigue
      weakness
      bladder problems
      numbness
      short-term memory loss
      vertigo
      There are other symptoms also, and no two people w MS are alike. Some have only one of the above, some have completely different problems. I'm no doctor; only speaking from my own experience with MS since 1974.

This message board has wonderful, caring people who will answer any questions you may have. Best of luck to you.
      spring

Comment

The National Multiple Sclerosis Society has a good explaination of an exacerbation (relapse, flare-up, attack):
        http://www.nationalmssociety.org/abo...ons/index.aspx
        Diagnosed 1984
        “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Working...
        X