My Husband, my caretaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Husband, my caretaker

This Sunday is Father's Day and even though he is not my father, he is the father of my children. He has been there for me through the worst of times with my M.S. and through the best of times in life. My caretaker/husband had his stomach and esophagus removed this last August due to cancer and I became his caretaker. I had the strength to get through all the tough times with him and get him back on his feet. I became ill in May and he is taking care of me again along with a possible recurrence of his cancer. I am in love and inspired by such love and devotion from this man. I wish that all MSers could have such a great caretaker. Thank you my friend, lover, caretaker, and partner in life.
    "...the joy of the Lord is your (my) strength." Nehemiah 8:10

Coco,
    You and your husband are blessed. Thank you for sharing. Thanks, also, for the reminder to thank all the men in our lives on Father's Day. (((hugs)))

Comment

You are both very lucky to have each other. Be well.
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      Anonymous

Comment

Beautiful

Originally posted by cocogirl View Post
        This Sunday is Father's Day and even though he is not my father, he is the father of my children. He has been there for me through the worst of times with my M.S. and through the best of times in life. My caretaker/husband had his stomach and esophagus removed this last August due to cancer and I became his caretaker. I had the strength to get through all the tough times with him and get him back on his feet. I became ill in May and he is taking care of me again along with a possible recurrence of his cancer. I am in love and inspired by such love and devotion from this man. I wish that all MSers could have such a great caretaker. Thank you my friend, lover, caretaker, and partner in life.
        This is so touching. It's amazing how tragedy can either bring you together or tear you apart. My husband had a near-fatal accident in January. He broke almost everything on the left side of his body. It's not easy to care for someone in that condition, although it was awhile before he could come home. My diagnosis of MS came at the end of May and my husband has been my life support. Funny thing is it's my entire left side that is affected. We joke that we could have at least tried to get it equal (his left side, my right) but we just had to do this together on the left side. The look in his eyes when he looks at me amazes me. He tells me after all these years (16) he's never felt closer to me. We've been together since I was 15 and I love him more and more each day.

I am so glad you have the support of a wonderful husband. It makes it all worth it.
        Courage is NOT the absence of fear, it is going forward in spite of fear. Diagnosed 5/27/10

Comment

Gypsy, I am so sorry that you have to know so perfectly what it is like to take care of one another but if you feel like I do, I am so glad that we both know what it is to depend upon the other. I do know that loving look in their eyes. You too are truly blessed. Be Well.

Comment

It's so good to hear positive relationship stories of real love. I'm happy for you and wish you much happiness and joy! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Thank you for posting this!

It is so important to share the good and the bad. I am happy to say I married a man like your husband; the best. I hope you both live long lives together!!

Comment

I wanted to share with all of you that my dh husband passed away from his cancer on Dec. 31st. His cancer metastasized in the spine and lymph nodes and it just exploded in his body the last two months of his life. I had the privilege of sharing and caring for him all this time. If I had not been on Tysabri, I don't believe that I could have made it physically.

Cherish you loved ones and caretakers whoever they are. You may have to reciprocate in the future but so worth it when they are your soulmates.

Thank you for caring!

Comment

Blessings

Very sorry to hear of your husband's passing. It was good that the tysabri helped you thru a most difficult time in your life.
                  I am blessed with a wonderful husband, who has also had to take on the role of caregiver. Not an easy task for anyone to be a caregiver. Seems both you and your husband were blessed in being able to be there for one another.
                  Stay strong.

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss.
                    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                    Anonymous

Comment

I am saddened to hear of this news, coco. You both were blessed to have each other in this journey. I, too, witnessed my previous husband's passing almost 20 years ago. He had melanoma skin cancer and I experienced my first major flare while he was seriously ill. I am happily remarried now, but the memory of my kid's father will live on forever.

Be strong and healthy and take care
                      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I had the privilege of sharing and caring for him all this time.
                        Sorry for your loss.
                        You both sound like beautiful people that deserved each other.

Comment

Thank you each and everyone for your kind words and support.

I am going to need you all more than ever now because on Thurs. I was given the news that the brushings they did in my pancreas after removing a stent were suspicious for a malignancy.

I am not depressed and I am not panicking because I am probably still in shock over all I went through with my dh.

I will let you all know what I find out when they do the full biopsies on the 25th.

I am putting this off because I am going to see my precious grandchildren. They are really excited to have me coming and I need to get away for a short while.

I will have my laptop so I will be checking while I am away.

Thank you for all you do to lift me up!

Comment

I am truly sorry to hear of your loss.

Comment

That is incredibly sweet. I consider myself the luckiest girl in the world to have my wonderful DH.
                              Aitch - Writer, historian, wondermom. First symptoms in my teens, DX'd in my twenties, disabled in my thirties. Still the luckiest girl in the world.

Comment

Working...
                              X