Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update on Neuro appointment

Hi All,

I went back to my neuro yesterday after my hospitalization in May. It was a nice long visit with a lot of conversation and going over labs, etc.

He still wants to wait on DMD/DMM's. He still thinks he can manage this with steroids as long as it is no more than 2 times a year, three tops.

He orderd PT to help with my swimming head and gave me a six month handicapped slip (not sure if it is worth paying for at the DMV for six months).

We did talk about the LP I had from a previous neuro. He said that 4 percent of MS patients are O band negative and that it was probably my luck (since I can't have an MRI) that I would be one of the 4 percent. He said when I go back in the hospital for my next relapse, he might repeat the LP then, so I can get better care than last time.

So, I am praying for complete remission. I have 12 more days of steroids (I will ask for the 5 days IVSM next time) and I am feeling better. Even my cold/sinus infection seems to be leaving.

Yeah for me!!!

Glad you are feeling better and that there is light at the end of the tunnel (welll, kind of anyway)!
    Melody
    Diagnosed 1/28/10

Comment

HUGS MY DEAR~!

Again so sorry for all you are going through. I hope you get answers and help real soon. Maybe the steroid are helping..yes?

And yes ask for IVSM "next time."

Keep posting so we know how you're doing

Jan
      I believe in miracles~!
      2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
      Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

I really believe that LP's are a waste of time. My neuro told me that if you are not in the middle of a relapse, no O bands will show up in the LP. The spinal headache is definitely not worth it either. I seriously thought that I was going to die when I had it. Try to get the Evoked Potentials test. That test got me my diagnosis.

Comment

Hi Wobbler, glad to hear your starting to feel better!

We have something in common= besides the MS itself- my sx started in 1994, dx in 2007 ..13 years and I see your sx started in 1997 and dx in 2110..13 years.

I don't know about you, but I am just a little miffed (to put it mildly) at the neuros and others that I had seen over those years that missed a lot of things and now I have a weak leg. Hoping Tysabri will help with that, and my balance too.

My neuro is checking on getting me started on Ampyra also!

Comment

How frustrating for you. Personally I dont think 2-3 relapses a year is acceptable without trying dmds.

good luck
            Jo

Comment

I am glad you are starting to feel better.

Comment

Thanks Ladies,

He is as frustrated as me. Really wish they had done a good MRI before placing the Interstim, but no interstim and I would have to cath, so I am glad I have it.

We can MRI once it needs a replacement. Not due for 5 years.

I don't want to do steroids this long again, ever. I will ask for the full 5 days next time not just three and 50 days of pills.

Today I do feel better but hoping physical therapy will improve my balance.

13 years for a dx was frustrating especially since I am left with many "quirks".

Thanks again for all the love and support.

Comment

Working...
                X