Copaxone side effects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copaxone side effects

I'm noticing my other health issues, which were getting better are coming back. I've began coughing again. I hadn't had the awful cough in months prior to starting C.

I also have some site reactions. I can live with those so far, but the other problems might make me call it quits.

Yeah, I can call Shared Solutions, but I've kind of 'got their number'. They go over the proper techniques (which I've got down pat) and look at a list of side effects.

Eventually I'll speak with him (It's like waiting for the cable man to come), but wondering (and I will ask) if the C is beating down my immune system too much. I need it to fight my other problems.

The frustration with the DMD's to me is the unanswered questions about them. No proof they work and none that shows the damage.

People like to say that they got relief after taking C, but how do they know they just didn't stop flaring? That can happen minus the DMD's. Now I will be impressed it I don't have new lesions, though there again I went 15 yrs. without any.

d

Then they tell you to call the doctor! Like I couldn't do that if I'd wanted to go through the effort. 'Calling one's doctor' has never been easy and it not a simple process.
    You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Copaxone

Hello Diane:
    I've been on C now for 2 years. I've got over the site problems.

I know what you mean about the immune system. I never had colds but since I've been on C, I have had a few. (not everyone here says this though) I also do this weird thing where the cold seems to be subclinical. That's the best way I can describe it. It's not a full blown cold, but I feel wrecked. I catch a cold but it doesn't develop all the way...

C isn't supposed to wipe out the immune system, but it does modify it. I too wonder how much of an immune system we are supposed to be able to function with (or without). I wonder about this particularly with the new meds that may be coming out on the market.

I think the DMDs are an idea we buy or not for a range of reasons.

Comment

For sure

I agree. Sorting out this MS mystery really is hard. I do have other issues. I felt on top of them, but now with the C I'm losing ground! That's the only thing I can think of that could cause these to be worsening.

I've been determined that once I started C I'd work through the problems and hang in there.

None of the usual meds I am taking for the other health issues seem to be working. In reading the literature (small print stuff!) it seems to be a risky med.

I really do struggle with meds. I just seem very sensitive to them, so starting C was a very hard decision. You might say this medication 'C' is not or wimps :-)

Just now I'm going through a 'poor me' stage. I keep thinking of how many of my plans are being sabotaged. I've never been what you'd call a robust image of health, but just now I feel almost as if I were disabled. I just can't seem to make plans and follow though. Some awful health issue keeps coming up!

I made the mistake of reading a thread here (I shouldn't have) that was for those who lead an active life despite MS. Well, I got really down. I guess I'm jealous. Sorry to feel that way...honest. Just thinking if those who post to that message are so vital.....Do they have MS. I can't imagine running for miles or doing strenuous workouts.

I workout by staying in an upright position, not falling (though I'm told I do spectacular falls).

I'm happy for those that have a mild form of MS or who just haven't reached a point where they get worse. That is an uplifting message for newbies (and oldies too).

Ah well, this will pass.

Diane
      You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Comment

I noticed about 6 months into copaxone I got a tickle in my throat and its annoying! Never had that until this med. But I'm wondering if it could be my high bp meds making me do this. I know both can do that to you. But honestly I. Haven't been sick while being on copaxone. I get those dang site reactions bumps! But ill take the bad for the good!
        Dx: 08/09

Copaxone: 09/09

Comment

Working...
        X