Do the "little" things wear you out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do the "little" things wear you out?

I feel like I should be very grateful that things aren't worse, and I am, but sometimes all these little things wear me out. The skin on the left side of my face hurts, my big toe is numb and tingling, and I keep getting these pains in my foot that feels like I am stepping on stinging nettle.

How do you guys cope with this constantly? Sometimes it's hard to be positive. Thanks, Jade

Hello Jade Victoria

I can see how those sensory symptoms and pains can wear you out.

Constant irritations, uncomfortable feelings, and pains can aggravate our nerves and become stressors. And these constant annoying stressors can cause us to feel worn out.

Sometimes MS stuff really, really bugs me, and sometimes I'm so used to it that I don't notice. Usually when my mind's attention is focused elsewhere, I am not so acutely aware of MS stuff.

Best wishes to you for some relief

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi Jade, the little ms things can certainly be annoying, I agree.

I can put up with the occasional burning and foot drop, that's the easy part. What I have a hard time dealing with is the bad balance and walking!!

When you put all the little things together they can be as overwhelming as the big stuff sometimes!

Hope your feeling better soon!

Comment

Thanks Koko and Kathy for the support. I was having lots of little symptoms that were driving me crazy yesterday. Hopefully today will be a better day. It's so nice to have someplace to come and talk about it. Jade

Comment

Originally posted by JadeVictoria View Post
          I feel like I should be very grateful that things aren't worse, and I am, but sometimes all these little things wear me out. The skin on the left side of my face hurts, my big toe is numb and tingling, and I keep getting these pains in my foot that feels like I am stepping on stinging nettle.

How do you guys cope with this constantly? Sometimes it's hard to be positive. Thanks, Jade
          Yep they wear me out; even the little things that I like to do. I go from little thing to little thing though. You can't give up.

d
          You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Comment

JADE, YES, THEY ALL ADD UP FOR ME TOO. AND WHEN IT RAINS, IT POURS. AT LEAST FOR ME. GOOD LUCK.
            SOMETHING THAT SEEMS TO HELP IS JUST GOING OUTSIDE (WARM OR COLD) WHERE IT`S QUIET.

DAVE
            hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
            volunteer
            MS World
            hunterd@msworld.org
            PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Working...
            X