Just diagnosed and here to learn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just diagnosed and here to learn

I'm a 27 y/o male and just received my official diagnosis of MS. Symptoms started showing up about 2 months ago, a couple weeks before my wedding. I'm now married, expecting a little one, and diagnosed with MS. The past couple months have been one heck of a rollercoaster.

I haven't decided on a drug treatment, but I am modifying my diet and taking a few supplements. I'm a big believer in natural medicine and the body's healing power so I want to give that a shot before I dive into drugs.

This looks like a very informative group. I'm looking forward to learning lots and I can certainly use the support.

A little about me:
    I'm a graphic designer. My wife and I live on a few acres out in the country and we have a couple horses, chickens, 5 dogs, and 5 cats. We love tending our gardens and hanging out with the critters. I like recreational shooting (I don't hunt, just target shoot) and mountain biking.

welcome, and you have some reasearch ahead of you. I picked the med that fit my life style which was working ful time and I not having sick days. I may have had 3 or 4 sick days in the past 10 years. I choose C for the lack of side effects. we all have our own reasons for picking the dmd we choose. My other friend needed 3 other Rx for the side effects of interferon in the form of Rebif. other MS'rs should will have real good insite on there pick of treatment.
    live long and happy!

Comment

Hi and welcome!

I'm a big fan of at least trying disease modifying medications quickly in hopes of slowing progression because the damage that can be silently happening can be permanent.

Hope to read more from you. Jules
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      Anonymous

Comment

Hello Focused

Another warm welcome to you! And congrats on your marriage and on your little one-to-be

Gosh, I can understand your rollercoaster ride. The worse thing is the anxiety that is provoked by the unknown and the unpredictability.

But as you probably know by now, MS manifests itself in a unique way to each of us. We certainly don't need to use our precious time imagining worse case scenarios.

Taking things as they come, and taking each day as it comes seems to work for many of us.

Hope to see more of your posts. And also hope that you will benefit from the various Forums.

Enjoy your wonderful country living. Wishing all the best to you and your new bride

Take care,
        KoKo
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
        X