Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't sleep after my shot & maybe a reaction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't sleep after my shot & maybe a reaction?

I did my second shot last night. Luckily, I did't have the flu symptoms that I had the first time. However, I COULD NOT sleep (& I took Advil PM). This happened the first night as well but I assumed it was more because I was having some flu symptoms.
    Also, I'm wondering if I'm having a mild reaction?? Shortly after the shot I feel a little light headed & then almost as if I'm having a flare. Last night my tongue/lips got pins & needles feeling & I felt like I was a little uncoordinated walking. This morning the left side of my face is numb/tingley but that also happens when I'm tired so that doesn't concern me. I have no injection site issues at this point.
    Thoughts?? Similiar experiences?? Do I call my doc??

Originally posted by CocoH View Post
    I did my second shot last night. Luckily, I did't have the flu symptoms that I had the first time. However, I COULD NOT sleep (& I took Advil PM). This happened the first night as well but I assumed it was more because I was having some flu symptoms.
    Also, I'm wondering if I'm having a mild reaction?? Shortly after the shot I feel a little light headed & then almost as if I'm having a flare. Last night my tongue/lips got pins & needles feeling & I felt like I was a little uncoordinated walking. This morning the left side of my face is numb/tingley but that also happens when I'm tired so that doesn't concern me. I have no injection site issues at this point.
    Thoughts?? Similiar experiences?? Do I call my doc??

The first time I took an Avonex shot, I had a terrible headache 6 hours later.

The first time I took the shot at night, I had nightmares but could not wake up.

Always, all my symptoms felt worse, i.e. if you have a bad knee, it aches when you have the flu.

So it could be the medecine. I'd try taking it in the day once to be awake for the symptoms. I experimented with differnt times.

Comment

Go ahead and call with your questions. I am not on Rebif, but am on Avonex and I do have trouble sleeping on shot night sometimes.

I moved my shot to the afternoon, and that seems to work better. I can take a dose of Aleve before the shot and another dose before bed. I am doing my shot around 5:00 p.m. now.

Comment

avonex

My dr says 2 taje 4 advil & benadryl. The benadryl should help u sleep & advil help with flu symptoms. Works 4 me. Good Luck

Comment

Working...
        X