Cilantro uses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cilantro uses

I have read some about this herb but haven't found many "healthy" uses for it in foods. Most folks use it in their Mexican dishes. Can anyone tell me something "healthy" that you use it in? My family doesn't do the heavy Mexican foods and I can only eat so much homemade salsa without chips. I seem to have a ton of it right now.....

Any suggestions?

lydialou

I love it I put on anyting, put it in a sandwich in soup. on a salad. anyware lettuse can be used I'd gladly replace with cilantrio.

Comment

There's a dish a friend made for me quite a few years ago, and I've served it often, it's always a hit...it uses lots of cilantro and is easy to make.

You need black beans (I use canned ones and just rinse them in a colander...or you can make your own from scratch); a bag of frozen white shoepeg corn (defrosted); some diced fresh tomatoes, and lots of chopped cilantro. Combine all that and use 1/2 lime juice and 1/2 olive oil for the dressing...let it marinate overnight, or at least for a few hours.

Yum, yum, yum!!! Quantities of each of the ingredients can be altered depending on what your particular "like" is. I usually use a couple cans of beans, a bag of corn, about 3 tomatoes, and at least one bunch of fresh cilantro, sometimes more.

Comment

pico de gallo!! It's fat free and delicious! Easy to make too! I can eat it all on its own in a dish, like a salad.
        Take care, Wiz
        RRMS Restarted Copaxone 12/09

Comment

LYDIA
          cut up tons of cilantro and put it in with black beans ,peg corn a dash of olive oil & lime juice (let it sit over night and get "all happy"). Good with baked chips or just on its own! Even put it on some Romain lettuce...YUMMMMMM
          Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

Check out allrecipes.com for lots of recipes using cilantro. It's used in Asian cooking as well as the more familiar Mexican dishes.

We use it in almost any mixed green salad, often with a lime juice dressing. It also makes a good pesto sauce, and it's yummy in egg salad sandwiches.

Comment

Working...
            X