Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternatives to Driving at Night?

Hi everyone,

Lately I haven't been driving at night if my vision is off because of MS. My family members and friends have been great about helping me out. But sometimes they're not available.

Do you have any, relatively inexpensive, ideas for what to when I cannot drive? In my area, buses aren't a safe option, cabs are too expensive, and there is no subway. Any ideas?

I'd like to know too I don't drive at night any more. it's just when i am not in a well lit area i have trouble seeing. I wish I could have an answer but I mainly ask friends for a ride if its possible they understand.
    Not dx yet, had symptoms now for 4 years. First Neuro App was August 5,10.MRI DEC 8,2010 Finally done. Original MRI was for July 4,2011

Comment

heres a joke answer just for fun, maybe skateboard at night. on the serious side I suppose taking a cab could get expansive. other than mass transit I wonder what else is availaibale?

Comment

Is this an MS thing? I have trouble driving at night, especially on those dark roads, but I'm a little better if I have someone ahead of me to follow their tail-lights. I have autoimmune eye disease, and never really knew what the reason was...MS or that. I haven't ever had a big episode of ON so i didn't hink it was MS.
        Sorry for no ideas for you for travel though. I try to avoid driving at night, too, and initiate more things in my home and during the day. I'm usually too tired to go 'out' at night anyway, so it's not often a problem. At least it's daylight out for longer in the summer!!

Comment

Working...
        X