finally got some action.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

finally got some action.

I had to go in to dr. clinic today asap thank goodness my own dr was there . my left eye wasn't moving. I do have a weak left eye but it wasn't moving at all. Dr. has ordered a ct scan as soon as possible I also mentioned that I had migraine headaches for three weeks with left eye twitching and face tingling. Said that sounds like ms optical neuritis (Sp) but he won't say for sure but he has my full undivided attention and spent an hour with me. And iam seeing some action finally. I can still see out of left eye but it won't move has any one had this? He just won't point fingers yet at ms not until I see neuro. But he is pretty suspicious.
    Not dx yet, had symptoms now for 4 years. First Neuro App was August 5,10.MRI DEC 8,2010 Finally done. Original MRI was for July 4,2011

Glad to hear you got some ACTION!

Sorry tho for the need for the action.

Sorry but no experience like you are having, so maybe someone will be better able to respond.

Again good luck!

GOMER

Comment

Hi zuzu:
      So sorry you're having so much trouble! It must be really scary and annoying not to be able to move your eye.

What you're experiencing might be caused by MS, or maybe by a migraine. But if your eye isn't moving, that isn't caused by optic neuritis.

"Optic neuritis" isn't a generic term that means "something -- anything -- neurologically wrong with the eye." It applies specifically to inflammation of the optic nerve, cranial nerve II (CNII). The optic nerve (CNII) is a sensory nerve ONLY. It has absolutely NO motor function. Because of that, it's impossible for a nerve with no motor function to be the cause of a motor (movement) problem.

Optic neuritis can occur along with a motor problem, but it CAN'T be the cause of it. Ophthalmoplegia (inability to move the eye(s)) MUST be caused by a problem with the nerves or nerve tracts that power the eye muscles or a problem with the muscles themselves. This is something you can easily Google yourself. You'll find that no reputable medical source ever includes eye movement/muscle problems or double vision among the signs and symptoms of optic neuritis, or ever includes optic neuritis as a cause of ophthalmoplegia or double vision.

A lot of folks are under this misconception that optic neuritis causes problems with eye muscles. And you might get some replies from people who swear that their eye muscle problems were caused by optic neuritis, even saying that their doctors told them that, even though it's anatomically impossible (again, you can research this yourself). It's surprising that so many doctors -- yours included -- forgot their neuroanatomy/physiology and were confused by this.

The neurologist should be able to identify and clarify what's causing the problem. I hope it clears up quickly and you get answers soon!

Comment

Glad doc finally saw you. Sounds horrible. Hope you get some relief and some answers soon
        JudySz

Comment

That's a scary feeling! I've not lost movement completely, but my left eye is no longer able to track as far as my right, which makes my vision really wonky. My neuro says it's caused by MS, loss of control of the muscles that move the eye. I had optic neuritis, but it didn't cause this. My last flare left me with it. I hope you're able to get some help with it. I had prisms put in my glasses, which help not at all. Still hoping it will resolve, at least partially, on its own..
          ~This life is only a test. Had it been an actual life, you would have been given further instructions on what to do and where to go~
          Blessings, Kris

Comment

I should rephrase that My eye didn't move but is moving now. for three weeks I had migraines and eye twitching and pain behind eye. When the twitching was bad I wore a patch over it. This morning it wouldn't move (didn't last very long) while I was getting ready for the day it got going but it's very weak. It was a weird feeling. I also have had dizziness with the eye pain. Dr. wanted to see me right away. He has not said it is ms but is looking at all the possibility's. My migraines have settled down now and I now have a slight tremor in my head.
            Not dx yet, had symptoms now for 4 years. First Neuro App was August 5,10.MRI DEC 8,2010 Finally done. Original MRI was for July 4,2011

Comment

((((hugs)))) to you. I hope you are feeling better.

I hope you get your ct scan soon and get some answers. I hope that will get the ball moveing in the right direction and can get the doctors to find out what is going on.

Let us know when you are have your test.

Comment

Working...
              X