Xanax/Flexeril

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xanax/Flexeril

Friday, my doctor perscribed 0.025 or something like that, 5 tablets of Xanax to get me through an hour long MRI. I took them exactly as she directed within a 3 hour time period to the MRI and after. It put me to sleep at 4pm and I slept all the way until 9am Saturday. The nightmares were horrendous, I was so tired and heavy, I just couldn't get out of bed.

Also, Saturday night, I saw an Internal medicine doctor at urgent care. She was super shocked that my doctors weren't giving me anything to help with the muscle spasms. I was spasming bad, super fatigued, weak and could barely walk. A new symptom ocurred too. A shooting pain from my cheek down to my jaw. So, they injected my butt muscle on the L side (mostly affected area) with valium to calm the spasms.

The weird thing is, it made my entire leg hurt and shooting pain down to my toes and numbness. It was difficult to get to sleep.

Sunday, I took the Flexeril they perscribed and fell asleep at 5pm, just zonked out, couldn't keep my eyes open. I didn't wake up until 6am for work this morning.

My point is, today my doctor said she thinks it's interesting that I'm having these side effects and is going to talk to my neuro about it.

I suppose I just wanted some input from you guys about it.

Oh my dear baby girl HUGS from your MS momma~! lol

I take Methocarbamol 750mg for muscle relaxant as its not as drowsy and I could work with it. A good anti inflammatory may be suggested too. That seems to take the inflammation down that is pressing on nerves..but..that's me.

So they did another MRI of what..spine?

Hope you get the answers and soon. Its good to have another doc call the other doc..they tend to respect the time and respond faster.

Good luck hon,

Warmly, Jan
    I believe in miracles~!
    2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
    Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

I've had different meds give me nightmares. I was able to eliminte them by changing the time I took them - but it does happen.

Comment

Working...
      X