Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's Talk About UTI's

How has your UTI affected your MS?

I posted that I was experiencing a flair. The doc. did labs and bloodwork. The results were UTI and anemia. I never felt any burning or urgency. Does that mean that I am loosing sensation in my bladder and urethra?

It affected me so much that I was almost unable to walk and had more arm and leg heaviness, and reactivated all the MS symptoms at a more intense rate.

The neuro said anemia inflames the nerves and causes a flair. She said the UTI does the same thing.

Any comments?

My last few UTI's didn't have the kind of burning symptom I would expect to have. I don't think it necessarily means you are losing sensation. I've got plenty of sensation, especially when I get a bladder spasm!

Whenever I feel that I am flaring, I get checked for UTI, or sinus infection. Infections can ramp up all sorts of MS symptoms.

I've been to a urologist and had an ultrasound test for retention, and a urodynamics test. I was still far enough in a normal range to be OK for now. Glad I got tested and now have this doc on my list of providers.

Comment

Working...
    X