My Leg Jerks On Its Own ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Leg Jerks On Its Own ???

I have restless leg syndrome, but now all of a sudden my leg will just jump or jerk and I can't control it. It's the strangest feeling in my leg after it happens.

Does anyone else have this? I'am in a replase right now too.
    But this is new too me.

Thanks for any information you have to offer.

Hugs to you all.
    Lynn, Proud Gold Star Mom of
    Cpl Christopher W. Belchik
    KIA IRAQ August 22, 2004

Hi,
    I'm sorry you have this. I had what you are describing in my right arm. My neuro called it myoclonus. My arm jerked like crazy. It started the middle of August and by November it had almost completely gone away. It quit almost like a kids toy running out of batteries. It just got less and less. Sometimes I still get it right as I'm waking up in the morning.

I also got a weird electrical feeling in my arm when I would get it. I tried steroids, which I usually have a good response to, and they didn't help. I hope yours goes away soon. Jade

Comment

I Have

Both of my legs do that at night after I've been laying down for a while. I usually take 20mg of Baclofen and it helps after about an hour.

Just something you might consider...
      Rae Roy

Comment

As a result of an acupuncture treatment I developed the "leg spasm" which resolved by itself several months later. I recently started Copaxone and the spasms started again, particularly at the time of the injection.

It is a very aggravating symptom so I use zanaflex to try to calm it down.

Dennis

Comment

I also get the electrical feeling in my leg. I take 20 mg of baclofen 3x a day and 30 mg of sinement a day . I may have to call my neuro and see what he thinks.

Thanks for your responses. I appreciate it.
          Lynn, Proud Gold Star Mom of
          Cpl Christopher W. Belchik
          KIA IRAQ August 22, 2004

Comment

it has happened to me as well. all my limbs were doing strange movements of their own. it is not often for me, thank goodness.

Comment

Working...
            X